Has anybody tried True Ames Album Twin or RFC Fish Twin Fins?

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
My current go-to's are the Piggybacks, Stussy's and FCD keels.
What board(s) do you ride the Piggybacks in and How do you like them? I'm considering them for a roundtail twin I picked up used. Only ridden it once in small junky waves but could already tell the Akilas were too loose. Don't really want to buy another set of keels since all my twin keels are glass-ons.

Reactions: RattimusBeach

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Are your fin boxes forward or back? If forward like my AO I would go with glass twin set MR style template. If back looks like upright smaller base I liked the True Ames AMT honeycomb set.

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
I've kinda settled into the Alkali "Ellis" twins, and I think a close second would be the Captain Fin "Tyler Warren Twin Especial," both have plenty of base/rake, and the tips are thin enough to release. I think I'm done buying (hoarding) twin fin sets for a while, hah! I do have a purple set of Jeff McCallum's and set of Jim Phillips for the Stretch 2winfish I've got coming.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I've kinda settled into the Alkali "Ellis" twins, and I think a close second would be the Captain Fin "Tyler Warren Twin Especial," both have plenty of base/rake, and the tips are thin enough to release. I think I'm done buying (hoarding) twin fin sets for a while, hah! I do have a purple set of Jeff McCallum's and set of Jim Phillips for the Stretch 2winfish I've got coming.
i want those ellis twins just for the pretty pink color.

let us know how those McCallums go! they look like a good template to me.

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
Hah, will do! I've been debating painting the Ellis twins, my buddies have been giving me unlimited "hipster" sh!t for the cute pink color too.

The base/tabs on the Phillips fins are super narrow, where they sit in the box, so they wiggle all around, unless you really crank em down. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed they line up evenly when I try and use them? It looks like Captain fin is sold out of any twin fin in a future base?

Uberkuque

Gerry Lopez status
Nov 19, 2014
Be wary of NVS. I’ve ordered both futures and FCS from them, both had fin box fit issues. Had to sand down the fcs tabs, shim the futures tabs w tape just to get a snug fit. Their customer service is really good tho