Harvey Weinstein - DONE

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
He's not done yet. CA charges yet to face.

The meme Duffy posted reminds me of a joke.

Cell mate: Hey Harvey.. I'ma let you choose if you want to be the husband or wife.

Harvey: Thank you I'll be the husband.

Cell mate: OK husband.. get on over here and give your wife some head.

• Haha
Reactions: need 4 speed

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Rich guys pay everyone for protection and pref treatment from the guards. Hell even gotti paid the aryans 50k per year or something. Not saying he won’t be miserable but he likely will never see the Shawshank treatment

Reactions: need 4 speed

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Or pulls an Epstein (yes that’s supposed to be a loaded statement)

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Rich guys pay everyone for protection and pref treatment from the guards. Hell even gotti paid the aryans 50k per year or something. Not saying he won’t be miserable but he likely will never see the Shawshank treatment
Johnny got a solid thrashing so he should have paid more. I guess it comes with the territory. Maybe our resident convict GWS will chime in.

So Hollywood and the entertainment industry have purged the perv? Right.

Peter1

Nep status
Jul 29, 2005
Scum. If it had been one or even three women accusers I might have allowed a shred of doubt, but we're talking 90.

Those who covered for him will get away scot-free, sadly.

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
While I am no fan of Weinstein, I am a bit troubled by the legal tactic of using prior similar acts to convict a guy. Some of the most damaging testimony in Weinstein's case came from women who claimed he abused/raped them many years earlier, even though no charges were filed against him. Does the fact that he did it once prove he is guilty of doing it again 15 years later to someone else? That evidence is pretty controversial, but was admitted. I'm not so sure it should be.

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
While I am no fan of Weinstein, I am a bit troubled by the legal tactic of using prior similar acts to convict a guy. Some of the most damaging testimony in Weinstein's case came from women who claimed he abused/raped them many years earlier, even though no charges were filed against him. Does the fact that he did it once prove he is guilty of doing it again 15 years later to someone else? That evidence is pretty controversial, but was admitted. I'm not so sure it should be.
there was something like 90+ reports against him. NY cops also had a wire recording of him raping and/or attempting rape from years ago. can't remember if it was or wasn't included in this case. it was repetitive behavior. when putting them all together you get a pretty damn good picture of his actions.

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
It's still controversial. By way of example, if someone is a bad driver and has multiple accidents over a number of years, evidence of those prior accidents would not be admissible to prove negligence in a lawsuit against said driver for a subsequent accident.

On some level, you would think that prior similar acts would be even harder to get into evidence in a criminal case.

QuadFin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 10, 2018
87 accusers of one of former most powerful men in Hollywood. Could make career in 1 phone call. How bad do you want to be movie star?

Last edited:

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
It's still controversial. By way of example, if someone is a bad driver and has multiple accidents over a number of years, evidence of those prior accidents would not be admissible to prove negligence in a lawsuit against said driver for a subsequent accident.

On some level, you would think that prior similar acts would be even harder to get into evidence in a criminal case.
Just like Cosby, there's an M.O. here. A bad driver vs. a serial rapist? Not a comparable analogy.

As far as evidence is concerned, w/ rape, it needs to be collected w/in a brief timeframe. The fact that he targeted up and coming actors, he had power over them to make or break their careers. It's easy to imagine them baulking at reporting him w/in that timeframe.

I haven't seen the whole list of the 90 women, but it seems like there are some that have gone on to become quite famous.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Was it really rape? Or did these ladies regret being coerced into sexual activities with a man who looks similar to
793A9716-BA22-447B-BF34-4A657F26A346.jpeg

Reactions: gbg