Hard Hitting Journalism In The Biden / Harris Era

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
whats your point here? was the media too heavy on Trump? Or is the media too easy on Biden? As you like to ask in climate discussions, what is the optimal level of media scrutiny?
They were insanely biased against Trump. They threw out all ethical and journalistic standards to get one man. They outright lied and the omitted positive coverage as well. They treated Bush similarly although not as harshly. They also treated candidate Romney pretty shitty too. There is a pattern there. The networks I mentioned will never apply the same scrutiny to a Democrat, plain and simple.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
They were insanely biased against Trump. They threw out all ethical and journalistic standards to get one man. They outright lied and the omitted positive coverage as well. They treated Bush similarly although not as harshly. They also treated candidate Romney pretty shitty too. There is a pattern there. The networks I mentioned will never apply the same scrutiny to a Democrat, plain and simple.
"Leave Donny alone!!"

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
what you fail to acknowledge in your plea is that GWB was a disaster, Trump somehow
outdid that, and Romney performed poorly as a candidate running against a (popular)
incumbent

it's not like they were unfairly scrutinized

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
So should they treat Biden that way too? I can’t tell what you want? Continued shitty treatment because whataboutism or more fair treatment for all going forward? What is the ideal standard of fairness?

As an aside, Obama routinely went on Fox News for interviews- I don’t recall Trump on MSNBC. He couldn’t even cut it on 60 Minutes.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
They don't do their job when its a democrat deserving of scrutiny. Hell, they'll even provide cover. When its a Republican they go out of their way to do as much harm as possible.
You no answer me? What’s the optimal level of press scrutiny? Did Fox News give Trump that level of scrutiny? Remember when Trump would call Fox every day so he could talk uninterrupted? And when he called Hannity to discuss policy issues? Is that the level of scrutiny the press should exercise?

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
Are you suggesting they are not heavily biased to the side of the democrat party? As old Joe would say........"Cum on Maaan!"
Since there are no purely impartial sources of news anywhere, I don't think bias matters as much as the facts. Facts make media legitimate. Retractions make media legitimate. Why are your sources so consistently and unapologetically wrong that even you don't count them among the legitimate?

• Love
Reactions: One-Off and afoaf

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
The networks I mentioned will never apply the same scrutiny to a Democrat, plain and simple.
Don't worry. If Uncle Joe starts channeling Donnie BooBoo, I'm pretty sure you'll see the same treatment.

Meanwhile, did you see Tony Dokoupil lay into Anthony Fauci this morning? Do you think Dr. Birx is lying?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Since there are no purely impartial sources of news anywhere, I don't think bias matters as much as the facts. Facts make media legitimate. Retractions make media legitimate. Why are your sources so consistently and unapologetically wrong that even you don't count them among the legitimate?
LOL!!! The left biased media's record during the Trump era was horrible. They were constantly and unapologetically wrong over and over and over again in a coordinated fashion. Its laughable if you think any of them have a shred of legitimacy remaining.

• Dislike
Reactions: afoaf and mundus

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
LOL!!! The left biased media's record during the Trump era was horrible. They were constantly and unapologetically wrong over and over and over again in a coordinated fashion. Its laughable if you think any of them have a shred of legitimacy remaining.
I believe one has to be able to parse fact from opinion. How well do you do that? Would you like help with that?

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
that's a convenient way to avoid the facts lying at your feet

Reactions: mundus

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Third time - what do you want to happen? Treat Biden in the same unfair manner as Trump? What is the optimal level of scrutiny?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Fake News aside, it looks like Fox will either need to go OAN crazy or they're done.

WHOA

but let's try to be optimistic... this *could* be good

maybe people are unplugging? are total numbers up/down/flat?

also...

Fox at least had the sheen of legitimacy

if that demo goes hard OANN, the very absurdity of that particular outlet might shave
off some of the more reasonable folks and lure them back to reasoned journalism in
the medium/long term