Happy Pride Month, everyone.....

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
it’s not obvious at all
I don’t know anyone else who thinks in vitro fertilization is a sin against nature
i didn’t even know people think that way

youre really outdoing yourself with this one
If someone can't reproduce naturally, it is a selfish act to reproduce. It's akin to a child stomping their feet and saying "I DESERVE IT!!!"

There are far too many people in the world as well as far too many unwanted children.

I can understand the desire- it's just like how I like to buy a puppy from a breeder rather than rescue a dog. However, nature is trying to stop something by preventing reproduction in two people if it can't be done via natural means

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
wtf....wasn't there a house in that corner? where is this?
No, behind the Chuckles house where the well is. The house you’re is the professor’s shack.

You have anything going on for gay pride month?

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
If someone can't reproduce naturally, it is a selfish act to reproduce. It's akin to a child stomping their feet and saying "I DESERVE IT!!!"

There are far too many people in the world as well as far too many unwanted children.

I can understand the desire- it's just like how I like to buy a puppy from a breeder rather than rescue a dog. However, nature is trying to stop something by preventing reproduction in two people if it can't be done via natural means
I don’t see the difference between this and heart surgery
i want to live!
give me a new heart!

nope. nature says your time is up, so stop stamping your feet you spoiled brat

same for any life saving surgery

i believe you’ve lost your mind

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III

i want to live!
give me a new heart!

I don't think it's a sin against nature. There's very little humans do that is "natural." Driving a car isn't natural. Making wine isn't natural. Vaccines and open-heart surgery aren't natural. I do think it's rather selfish when there are kids who need adoption. But adopting can be cost-prohibitive, too.

It's natural to want to reproduce, and IVF (and surrogates) are other ways to do that. I just think a lot of these kids are gonna be fucked up when they learn the truth. I know a couple who spent six figures on this stuff (IVF + surrogate) and they are not planning on telling the kids. They will figure it out when they see that there are no photos of mommy pregnant. This is a bad case scenario, but it isn't isolated.

Howard Devoto sums it up nicely, here:

Reactions: plasticbertrand

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
My niece is pregnant through Ivf.
As a young kid I don’t know how upset he or she will be if he or she doesn’t think her parents f’d to get pregnant

Reactions: afoaf

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Plus it’s not like it’s so uncommon
So many peach tree kids being born

Surrogacy may be rarer but not super weird

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
i want to live!
give me a new heart!

how do you feel about asshole transplants ?

modern medicine has made some amazing breakthroughs recently !

:applause2:

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom

Why are you stamping your feet about something that doesn’t affect you in any shape or form?

you call them selfish and then stamp your feet over other people doing things differently with no effect on you is a special kind of irony.

I’m not sure it’s then being selfish.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Arguably the gene pool would be healthier if modern medicine wasn’t so modern. But then I’d have been dead a long time now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
i want to live!
give me a new heart!

Once again, creation and preservation are two different things

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Why are you stamping your feet about something that doesn’t affect you in any shape or form?

you call them selfish and then stamp your feet over other people doing things differently with no effect on you is a special kind of irony.

I’m not sure it’s then being selfish.
Why do you care?

This isn’t stamping feet either, it’s perfectly reasonable but somehow people are offended by it

How is it not selfishness?

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Plus it’s not like it’s so uncommon
So many peach tree kids being born

Surrogacy may be rarer but not super weird
Surrogacy isn’t common but it’s definitely weird

I don’t think it’s mentally healthy for the woman who carries the baby either. It can be just as devastating as giving up a child for adoption

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Why do you care?

This isn’t stamping feet either, it’s perfectly reasonable but somehow people are offended by it

How is it not selfishness?
I asked you a question first. And I’m not convinced you know what a selfish act is.

who is it selfish toward? What makes you think it’s “perfectly reasonable”?

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019

LOL. wtf is nature

Reactions: hal9000