Happy 39th Aruka!

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
No cat I have ever owned, including the ones we had as kids, has attacked me without reason.

Yeah, I've been bit/scratched by my cats, usually when first getting to know them, but there is always always a reason:

1 "Your fingers looked like claws and you startled me, so I clawed your hand."

2 "Why do you insist on twitching so much when I am laying on your lap. Do I have to bite you to stop you from moving so much? Fine, you asked for it *chomp*."

3 "Was my tail in the shape of question mark? No, it wasn't, and I just woke up so wait till I get some food before you man-handle me."

4 " You like to take a dump when someone before you hasn't flushed? No, right? So why not clean the litter box every day?"

5 "Stop rubbing me the wrong way! I gave you a warning look. Figure it out!"

6 "I was hiding in my shrub, why pick me up?"

7 "TOO MUCH STIMULATION! AM I PREY OR PREDATOR? I'M ON THE EDGE!"

8 "Stroke me nicely. Don't know how? What are you, one of those little humans that staggers around like a drunk and is about as smart as a Labrador?"

PS
Worst pet related injury I know of was due to an iguana scratch. Michelle was super excited to show off Herman the Iguana and didn't wear the usual glove. Got a scratch on the back of her hand. 24 hrs later, hand ballooned up like Micky Mouse gloves, and had to get intravenous meds to stave of sepsis.

PPS

Most of the time Bix completes the kill after capture, but now and again, he'll let a critter go in the house (see, nothing is 100% great with pets), and then stalk it for a while. Thank Sweet Infinity that he took this out before "letting it go for a while"....the foyer rug is his preferred "killing zone".

PPPS

Back to puppies:

Last edited:
Reactions: Subway and Aruka