Happy 39th Aruka!

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Thanks bros.

This place is full of good peeps.

That hyped south swell has been running so I've been surfing a bit the past few days. Still trying to take it easy on my stupid knee but so far it's holding up. None of the normal sand bars are great so it's been a little torturous watching such a beautiful swell mostly just close out. Still, I got a couple good ones at my local during the peak of the swell and then I surfed a sneaky little mid tide right hander off the beaten path with just a couple friends. The wave breaks inside all of these big sea stacks and the set waves come swishing through the rocks. The first wave of the set will be fairly lined up and normal but each wave afterwards will be progressively more crossed up from all of the refraction off the rocks. Sometimes one would cross up in the coolest way and offer up an outside roll in that would send you flying through multiple wedgy sections down the line. It was challenging but super fun when I was able to connect the dots on a couple. There wasn't many tubes but I got one double up that offered the easiest just-stand-there shack I've gotten in a long time. Oh and there was a huge wale chilling just outside the peak for the entire session. The evening was calm and we could hear the spouts from where we were sitting in the lineup.

Waiting for the tide to drop and hoping there is still enough swell for something to work around midday. If not I'm going upriver to swim and drink a couple beers for the first time in months!
You should have gone to Oaxaca. Maybe @Subway will post some pictures to show you what you could have had...

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
You always have a choice. I insist!

You should have someone make you a slide show and post it on the picture of yoself surfin thread.:jamon:
just for you grumpy bear, i may just do that. Not every sequence of me is perfect, nor particularly critical, but i kid you not i have like 15 different 10-shot sequences of waves at the various points. it's almost too much to even make sense of

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
just for you grumpy bear, i may just do that. Not every sequence of me is perfect, nor particularly critical, but i kid you not i have like 15 different 10-shot sequences of waves at the various points. it's almost too much to even make sense of
More pics. I’m living vicariously through you. That bottom turn looked pro.

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
Surf looked a little lackluster so i took the lady and the pup and went for a hike up into the hills. It was warm and calm and beautiful. Back home now drinking a beer and thawing a chunk of salmon for dinner.

Looks like you and the lady had a nice hike but where's the pup?

Reactions: Aruka