"Handmade 2" Tests Unconventional Hand-Shaped Surfboards in Perfect Indonesian Waves

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I’m starting to think they’re onto something with those edge boards.
Aussie Dane clone surfs real good but also kinda creeps me out how much they look alike.
I’d watch more of Knost on short boards.

Last edited:
Reactions: silentbutdeadly

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I'd rather watch Ellis surfing his edge boards in Indo than Devon Howard riding any midlengths/anywhere...yawn!
I’d been waiting a long time to see some real footage of edge boards in action. All the footage I’d seen up til now was brief.
I rember Rasta saying a while back they were hard to ride and how he’d get injured? trying them so it looks like they’re getting the design dialed in.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Knost is just so punchable. by now, he's gotta be getting a little old for his schtick to still appeal to the kids

• Haha
Reactions: jkb

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
What's with those guys hair and their bushy bowl cuts? Hipster backlash against the other hipsters sporting $50 barbered cuts with beards/moustache combos? I suppose cutting around the edge of your open face moto helmet while in Indo can save a couple of hundred rupiah that could have been spent on a local haircut.

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

JaM71

OTF status
Jul 12, 2013
GC, Australia
What's with those guys hair and their bushy bowl cuts? Hipster backlash against the other hipsters sporting $50 barbered cuts with beards/moustache combos? I suppose cutting around the edge of your open face moto helmet while in Indo can save a couple of hundred rupiah that could have been spent on a local haircut.
What's your problem with beards and midlengths?

• Haha

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
That video sucked based on the bit I endured. Good surfers riding great waves prove very little about a board's design. In what I saw of this video the boards looked mediocre at best. Bet those boards are real dogs in less than perfect conditions.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
That video sucked based on the bit I endured. Good surfers riding great waves prove very little about a board's design. In what I saw of this video the boards looked mediocre at best. Bet those boards are real dogs in less than perfect conditions.
I saw a bunch of cool dudes
riding weird ass boards
on some tasty waves
heard some good tunes
and really liked
how much fun
they had
doing it

Reactions: Bman76