Hammer Traction

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
you'll have to give us a ride report.
How did you find these? Stocked they are #madeinUSA but they did their best to make them look like they were designed/made in China and might pop up when you look for a dakine pad on Amazon. Glad Trumpy was able to get our coal miners n auto workers back to work making traction pads for bargain-shopping hardcore surfers!

Brsnstein

OTF status
Jul 28, 2018
SoCal
These really do look awful. Not just the designs, but the cut of the pads are strange and they look really thick. Oeste nailed it. It’s like they’re trying to copy the $20 China pads on amazon. Almost like they farmed out design to China and manufacture in the US.

If they’re reading this, make some flat 3 piece pads, with the 3 pieces close to the same size. I’ve been digging thinner pads with cutouts so including some cutouts and making it thinner could be good. Also, a little less color contrast between the “H” and the rest of pad color would be more aesthetically pleasing

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
They do look thick, but we'll see. Probably same as all others but the horrid colors make them look bigger lol.

They look just like Freak Traction to me, which I do like.

Roped my buddy into buying one too. He got a green camo one. I went with all black.

Fast order turn around. Bought yesterday and they shipped already, arriving Tuesday.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
They're out of the Gulf side. Doesn't at a glance appear to be affiliated with Freak, which I think is Matt Kechele

My favorite is the Da Kine Bruce Irons 5 piece. Most of these black/white ones look fine to me. Bonus for blue + orange but no green + orange and no garnet + gold...at least not visibly displayed.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I’m incredibly unreasonable when it comes to testing new tractions or leashes.

unless it’s erBB approved I won’t touch it.

these pads may be made in the US but I’m willing to bet they farm out the mold/tooling fab, engineering and mold design work to China. doesn’t take much to outsource and you save a pretty penny compared to paying US based engineers and machinists.

nothing against these guys just any time I see mass produced “made in USA” below a certain price, I get suspicious, and you can quickly tell why. some folk just want the USA sticker without thinking further.

Last edited:
Reactions: rowjimmytour

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
these pads may be made in the US but I’m willing to bet they farm out the mold/tooling fab, engineering and mold design work to China. doesn’t take much to outsource and you save a pretty penny compared to paying US based engineers and machinists.

nothing against these guys just any time I see mass produced “made in USA” below a certain price, I get suspicious, and you can quickly tell why. some folk just want the USA sticker without thinking further.
Jeez. Next you’re gonna tell my kids there’s no Santa Claus. LOL

Brsnstein

OTF status
Jul 28, 2018
SoCal
They're out of the Gulf side. Doesn't at a glance appear to be affiliated with Freak, which I think is Matt Kechele

My favorite is the Da Kine Bruce Irons 5 piece. Most of these black/white ones look fine to me. Bonus for blue + orange but no green + orange and no garnet + gold...at least not visibly displayed.
I could be lured into buying one if it were hurricanes colors