Halloween coming up. What are you gonna be?

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Yukon Cornelius for the win.

My 10 year old has been playing guitar for a year and wants to go as Eddie Van Halen. The guitar is the easiest part as his is red so black and white tape can get that part dialed in. For the rest of the outfit all I have is red bandana, wig, white tank top and pants. Sort of like a David Lee Roth and Eddie hybrid.

Any advice appreciated.
Tons of hairspray for wig and blow dryer:cheers:

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
when Frantic City had gay bars - which it doesn't anymore - it was
the biggest night of the year.
:cheers:

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I used to teach. My students would ask me, "What are you going to be for Halloween?" and I'd answer "I'm going to be absent."
They'd ask again, "No, what are you going to be?" I'd insist, telling them I was going out of town and cover the substitute rules.

The next day I'd show up with my hair cut short (it is normally long), my beard shaved off, wearing glasses (normally wear contacts) and in a suit and tie (normally in a t-shirt). I'd speak with an Indian accent. It was always good for a double take. One of the maintenance guys called security on me once.

Last edited:

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
updating the Halloween cemetery this year - full pic is in the Gdad's Halloween thread in the Politics forum (which has somehow turned into the Suze Orman thread - i know, spooky, huh?)

hands.jpg

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Friend sent me her cat photo of the week. It is somewhat Halloween-esque, which is why it is being posted.

View attachment 118132
If I ever saw a crow in my window here in Brazil, I would be fucking spooked!

Crazy how they just don't exist here. When in CA waking up in a hotel, the first sensory tip that I'm not at home is the sound of the crows doing their thing.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
If I ever saw a crow in my window here in Brazil, I would be fucking spooked!

Crazy how they just don't exist here. When in CA waking up in a hotel, the first sensory tip that I'm not at home is the sound of the crows doing their thing.

The perching bird with the cat is a raven. SF has both, but ravens are lots more brave and curious. Have seen them out-compete seagulls for beach yummies.