Hairstylist with covid-19 served 84 clients while showing symptoms..... i.e., why Americans can’t be trusted.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
In California it's legal to go into a store and buy marijuana, but it's illegal to go into a barbershop and get a haircut.
That makes sense. Most dispensaries around here are having people phone their orders in and then they bring it out to the customer's car. A haircut involves personal contact and people being inches apart for an extended period of time.

I shouldn't have buzzed my own hair. I should have put the natty dreads in. Mon.

Reactions: CutnSnip

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Construction jobs are considered "essential".

But dentist and doctor appt's for cancer or other ongoing maintenance check-ups are considered "non-essential"

WTF?

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Good on that gym

My barber put up curtains and has been open for weeks. I just haven’t gone because this is a good excuse to grow my hair
My hair salon girl didn't put curtains or anything. She even had some lights on inside. The glare from her windows during the mid-day makes kind of tough to see in from the parking lot, so that helps, I guess? Some city governments may be more anal on enforcement than others. Not sure how tough O'side has been on these felonious malcontents?:p

She seemed pretty fearless in keeping this going, considering where she originally came from and their commie lockdown tactics. This was nothing in comparison. Though it could be similar if "some" had their way.:devilish:

My zip code (45-60k pop) still has only 33 total cases confirmed since this started 2+ months ago. How many are still active? Probably a small fraction of that.

Far from a "rural" area. We are fairly dense suburbia here. O'side now has 180,000 people, though city limits do go inland up to 6-7 miles in places (kinda rural/ag back there, but not for long, it seems).

So odds are better me getting hit by a car crossing the street to get my mail, than catching, let alone dying, from COVID-19.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Would they choose to go if they knew the stylist had Covid?

If the stylist knew she was positive and one of her clients got sick and the lawyer could prove it happend at the stylist's, would she be liable in any way? The courts will be busy in the next 6 - 18 months.
Ifailalot will tell you that he's not responsible for transmitting an infectious disease.

That as far as his "personally responsibility" goes. lololo

At no time in history was it more obvious how fucking childish and uncivil libertarianism is.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Excuse me, Surfdog goes to the "salon" not a barber.
It's a unisex barbershop. They do men, women, kids, families and all. I see lots of older guys like me in there all the time. They do hair only, and not the usual "salon" type services like nails and waxing type fluff. Sorry for the mislabeling, sheesh.:rolleyes:

Been going to the same barber location since I moved to O'side in early 90's after getting a hack job at a SuperCuts when I first moved to town. Not many choices in my part of town back then (used to be more orange groves, farms and moto-cross trails, just before I moved in)

Most old school barbers in O'side are Marine type shops used to doing mostly buzz cuts and near older parts of town. I'd love to go to one, but vibe is different and none around close by my house.

Tried the original Vietnamese owner of my current one out, and she did great, and kept going back the last 25+ years until she sadly died last year from cancer. She was not much younger than me and shared stories of life in Nam during the war in the late 60's/early 70's as a young girl. We built a relationship.

A younger Vietnamese lady bought the biz from her or her surviving family and has been sticking it out. Lots of other cheaper competition has sprung up near by recently, but she did good when I tried her out after the original owner passed, so will keep her services. She's struggling, but got to support local owned biz any way we can.

Reactions: Billy Ocean

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
My wife has been cutting my hair for years. Turns out it costs me everything I own. $30 a month would be cheap.

Reactions: obslop

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
She seemed pretty fearless in keeping this going, considering where she originally came from and their commie lockdown tactics. This was nothing in comparison. Though it could be similar if "some" had their way.:devilish:
Vietnam has a population of 95million

they have 326 confirmed cases and zero deaths

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Vietnam has a population of 95million

they have 326 confirmed cases and zero deaths
And you believe their "free" society reporting of it?

Kind of like how North Korea has ZERO cases?

Yes, lots of 3rd world countries have "supposedly" very low cases and death counts?

Much of Africa (Angola to Zimbabwe) is like a paradise away from COVID-19 with case loads LESS than Vietnam (if reporting is accurate).

China has also invested $Billions in building NEW manufacturing and 100's of NEW coal fired power plants in Africa.

Someone should look into why?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
if you had worked in hollywood perverts, tranny reading hour, and
the sea level rise hoax in that post you could have had bingo, surfdog.

coal fired power plants in africa....in a post about covid in vietnam

I love it

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
if you had worked in hollywood perverts, tranny reading hour, and
the sea level rise hoax in that post you could have had bingo, surfdog.

coal fired power plants in africa....in a post about covid in vietnam

I love it
It all still comes back to.........

China

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/29/716347646/why-is-china-placing-a-global-bet-on-coal

Don't even need a Six Degrees of Separation chart.

Still why haven't these 3rd world countries had COVID-19 take off like wildfire? Especially ones RIGHT NEXT to China?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
It all still comes back to.........

China

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/29/716347646/why-is-china-placing-a-global-bet-on-coal

Don't even need a Six Degrees of Separation chart.

Still why haven't these 3rd world countries had COVID-19 take off like wildfire? Especially ones RIGHT NEXT to China?
less urbanization, more robust immune systems....who knows

I understand that the data may not be trustworthy, but New Zealand
has 20 deaths (5m) and South Africa has 150 (58m)

there are plenty of large, developed nations that kept cases and deaths
low by way of "COMMIE LOCKDOWN TACTICS"

derp derp I'm a conservative burp

Reactions: plasticbertrand

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
less urbanization, more robust immune systems....who knows

I understand that the data may not be trustworthy, but New Zealand
has 20 deaths (5m) and South Africa has 150 (58m)

there are plenty of large, developed nations that kept cases and deaths
low by way of "COMMIE LOCKDOWN TACTICS"

derp derp I'm a conservative burp
Look how well commie lockdown tactics are working in LA.

Lockdown is proving to be a over-reaction farce, like making everyone wear a mask to "feel safe" about going out.

Masks are like security blankets at this point.

It's like saying if you eat more rice, the odds of getting sick with 'rona are less.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Look how well commie lockdown tactics are working in LA.

Lockdown is proving to be a over-reaction farce, like making everyone wear a mask to "feel safe" about going out.

Masks are like security blankets at this point.

It's like saying if you eat more rice, the odds of getting sick with 'rona are less.
of all the stupid fkn things you have typed, this ranks extremely high

please don't move the goalposts....

we have 4m people and 2,000 deaths - that's 100 times as many as New Zealand
who has a larger population than LA. factor in the density and the fact that lockdown
started here after things began to proliferate...then look at the trend line and note how
it did NOT hockey stick...it's been gradual.

good job, LA. you flattened the curve!

your stupid nonsequitur about masks is....stupid.