Hairstylist with covid-19 served 84 clients while showing symptoms..... i.e., why Americans can’t be trusted.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Those clients chose to go
Would they choose to go if they knew the stylist had Covid?

If the stylist knew she was positive and one of her clients got sick and the lawyer could prove it happend at the stylist's, would she be liable in any way? The courts will be busy in the next 6 - 18 months.

Reactions: plasticbertrand

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Anyone could have it

most people who are infected have no symptoms

you take a risk going anywhere

Each person should decide for himself how much risk he’s willing to take

Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Y'all Nasty!

Y’all Nasty: CDC Confirms People Aren’t Washing Their Hands After Using the Bathroom

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It’s cold and flu season, which means entire offices are being taken down by the germs and bugs that people pass around because they are not exercising even the most basic office and germ prevention etiquette.

I’m talking about you, people who go into the restroom, use it, then walk out without washing your hands. You nasty. I’m talking about you, people who show up to work even though you know you are sick—just so you can be a martyr and show everyone how dedicated you are. There you sit, in your cubicle, coughing and sneezing over everything and everybody. You nasty too.

The CDC says that only 31 percent of men and 65 percent of women wash their hands after using the bathroom. Gross.

I’ve seen these people at work, and it is disgusting to behold. I had a former coworker that I watched come out of the stall, stop in front of the mirror (under which sat the damn sinks and soap!) fix her hair and makeup, and then walk out of the bathroom as if nothing had happened. Are you serious?

And if she did that, think about how many other people walked out that door without washing their hands—all touching the handle as they went out.

This is why I use a paper towel to open the door when I leave the restroom. This is why I use hand sanitizer after I have exited the restroom, even though I washed my hands while I was in there.

People are nasty, and this is how germs get spread around. Spreading those germs gets everyone sick. Why would you do that?

I don’t understand the thinking behind not washing your hands after using the bathroom. Everything you touch in there has been touched by someone else, and if you are in public, that means those things have been touched by a lot of someone elses. Just start counting in your head the number of germs and other things they have left behind on those same surfaces.

I want to just fall out right now thinking about it.
The bottom line is WASH YOUR DAMN HANDS.

It cannot be stressed enough. I wash my hands so much during a day I have little bottles of lotion everywhere to keep from being ashy. It’s a thing, but I’m a germaphobe.

I encourage the rest of you to become germaphobes too and start washing your damn hands.

Because, ugh. Y’all nasty.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Being a germophobe is much grosser than not washing your hands.

If you have to keep lotion on your hands because you’re washing them to much that’s a legitimate mental problem

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Being a germophobe is much grosser than not washing your hands.

If you have to keep lotion on your hands because you’re washing them to much that’s a legitimate mental problem
Against handwashing now, LOL

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
Anyone could have it

most people who are infected have no symptoms

you take a risk going anywhere

Each person should decide for himself how much risk he’s willing to take
agreed.

anyone that went for a visit to that salon (or any salon) is agreeing whether they realize it or not that being infected with COVID-19 is an acceptable risk that comes along with a hair cut.

and keep mind . . . these people can vote and sit on a jury.

'merica!

pew pew

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
agreed.

anyone that went for a visit to that salon (or any salon) is agreeing whether they realize it or not that being infected with COVID-19 is an acceptable risk that comes along with a hair cut.

'merica!

pew pew
exactly

I’m not getting a haircut because getting a haircut is low on my list of things to risk covid over

even though I think I’d probably be ok if I got it, but I just value getting my hair cut very little

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
agreed.

'merica!

pew pew
I’d rather have people who realize that life requires risk than those who willingly listen to their masters and hide from something with a fractional percentage fatality rate

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
I’d rather have people who realize that life requires risk than those who willingly listen to their masters and hide from something with a fractional percentage fatality rate
miniature monuments akin to war memorials will be constructed outside of hair salons to commemorate these heroes for future generations

• Haha

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
I went to my normal hair cutting salon a week ago. I had to call first and offered to come in the back door if need be. She said she'd get me in on a specific day. I felt like I was on a covert mission to sneak and avoid being ratted out by some passer-by.

I get there, and she's already doing some old ladies hair, looked like a coloring or some perm treatment, I guess? So, she could squeeze my 20 minute or so cut no problem. I was seated in a chair opposite the side of her row of chairs each side of salon, but directly behind the old lady facing the opposite direction. So, we were pretty well "social distanced", but just barely 6 ft.

I was a bit surprised at how brave this old lady was.The old lady was not wearing a mask, but my Vietnamese hair stylist was. I wore my mask. She cut my hair fine, and another lady came in for an appointment right behind mine. She was still basically "closed" (this was May 15 and salon's were still in full lockdown), but a note that she was taking "special" appointments, but no walk-ins like she's usually open to.

Seems the odds are better me dying from taking the drop at low tide Teahupoo than getting a haircut at my local salon.

But the CA state guv and MSM would have you conditioned to think otherwise, and live in continued fear of certain 'rona death if you "disobey". IF you take their propaganda hype seriously.

Will be waiting to see how the OC/HB protest a week or 2 ago spikes cases and deaths there in next week or so. Will it be reported if it doesn't?

Bet we won't hear one word. Don't hold your breath.

SD testing has nearly doubled from 2000 a day a few weeks ago to over 4000 a day now on average, and daily case counts have yet to show any rise with doubled testing. So, in effect, positive testing is in significant decline from a month ago.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
In California it's legal to go into a store and buy marijuana, but it's illegal to go into a barbershop and get a haircut.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
my guy just came to our house and did the four of us out in the driveway

he wore gloves, mask and face shield

he disinfected all tools coming and going

he had two clients, both 55-65 demo who tested positive but did not
require any hospitalization; these are people in his rolodex - he did not
have any contact with them

he said he will probably continue to offer house-call options even when
they allow him to re-open his salon

his landlord gave them a break on rent the past couple of months. he and
his business partner have not been collecting from the other stylists that
rent stations in their salon since they can't even open.

he said the crossfit gym across the street put up curtains in the window
and kept doing privates and classes....he thought that was pretty shitty

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
my guy just came to our house and did the four of us out in the driveway

he wore gloves, mask and face shield

he disinfected all tools coming and going

he had two clients, both 55-65 demo who tested positive but did not
require any hospitalization; these are people in his rolodex - he did not
have any contact with them

he said he will probably continue to offer house-call options even when
they allow him to re-open his salon

his landlord gave them a break on rent the past couple of months. he and
his business partner have not been collecting from the other stylists that
rent stations in their salon since they can't even open.

he said the crossfit gym across the street put up curtains in the window
and kept doing privates and classes....he thought that was pretty shitty
Good on that gym

My barber put up curtains and has been open for weeks. I just haven’t gone because this is a good excuse to grow my hair