Hairstylist with covid-19 served 84 clients while showing symptoms..... i.e., why Americans can’t be trusted.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
less urbanization, more robust immune systems....who knows

I understand that the data may not be trustworthy, but New Zealand
has 20 deaths (5m) and South Africa has 150 (58m)

there are plenty of large, developed nations that kept cases and deaths
low by way of "COMMIE LOCKDOWN TACTICS"

derp derp I'm a conservative burp
Subjects, not citizens

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
New Zealand is the size of California, yet the population of Oregon. It's basically rural and not unlike Oregon in density.

Most "large" cities there are under 500,000 except Auckland (1.5 million)

Entire state of Oregon has 148 deaths "designated" as COVID-19. Majority in Portland area. Does not have closed borders.
Many other states in USA have even less total deaths.

New Zealand is an very isolated island nation. Much easier to keep outsiders away, similar to way Hawaii can. Hawaii has 17 total deaths, but Kauai now has 37% unemployment. Think many low income will be staying?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
less urbanization, more robust immune systems....who knows

I understand that the data may not be trustworthy, but New Zealand
has 20 deaths (5m) and South Africa has 150 (58m)

there are plenty of large, developed nations that kept cases and deaths
low by way of "COMMIE LOCKDOWN TACTICS"
If you understand the data "may not" be trustworthy then why post it?

Do you HONESTLY believe that data out of South Africa is even close to reality?

That the townships have gone untouched?

That lockdown was actually able to be enforced in the townships?

C'mon man.

Reactions: Ifallalot

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
If you understand the data "may not" be trustworthy then why post it?

Do you HONESTLY believe that data out of South Africa is even close to reality?

That the townships have gone untouched?

That lockdown was actually able to be enforced in the townships?

C'mon man.

I like your non sequitur attack on my argument critiquing Surfdog's own string of
non sequiturs....that's so very erBB.

nobody's data is perfect. the argument is not dependent on perfect data. maybe
read from the top?

but, to your point, there are sufficient data points across the board that show that
governments that instituted more stringent lock down measures were able to avoid
high per capita case counts and deaths.

is this even debatable?

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
I like your non sequitur attack on my argument critiquing Surfdog's own string of
non sequiturs....that's so very erBB.

nobody's data is perfect. the argument is not dependent on perfect data. maybe
read from the top?

but, to your point, there are sufficient data points across the board that show that
governments that instituted more stringent lock down measures were able to avoid
high per capita case counts and deaths.

is this even debatable?
Of course it works.

At what cost to the vast, and I mean VAST majorities overall health, welfare and economic viability?

More YOUNG people than ever are dying from suicide, depression, OD's and other mental stresses at the same time.
Along with 100's if not 1000's of small business (and some not so small) that may not be coming back.

I highly doubt we'll EVER go this route AGAIN, unless it's truly a plague where people are dropping like flies in the streets.

Which this is far from by ANY stretch.

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
The Trump narrative has to have an antagonist.

Hillary, Obama, AOC, China, it doesn't matter who. Just somebody to blame for our troubles so Cheeto doesn't have to take any responsibility. The base eats it up.
it's because his base needs that psychological belly rub as they look down on/blame others for the shortcomings in their own lives.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
New Zealand is the size of California, yet the population of Oregon. It's basically rural and not unlike Oregon in density.

Most "large" cities there are under 500,000 except Auckland (1.5 million)

Entire state of Oregon has 148 deaths "designated" as COVID-19. Majority in Portland area. Does not have closed borders.
Many other states in USA have even less total deaths.

New Zealand is an very isolated island nation. Much easier to keep outsiders away, similar to way Hawaii can. Hawaii has 17 total deaths, but Kauai now has 37% unemployment. Think many low income will be staying?
Oregon is really rural too. When you get out of Portland or Eugene you're out in the sticks. Lots of inbreeding, or so it seems.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Of course it works.

At what cost to the vast, and I mean VAST majorities overall health, welfare and economic viability?

More YOUNG people than ever are dying from suicide, depression, OD's and other mental stresses at the same time.
Along with 100's if not 1000's of small business (and some not so small) that may not be coming back.

I highly doubt we'll EVER go this route AGAIN, unless it's truly a plague where people are dropping like flies in the streets.

Which this is far from by ANY stretch.
ergo COMMIE LOCKDOWN TACTICS work!

hindsight is definitely 20/20

if we knew then what we know now....

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Well, the barber shops, and most importantly hair salons, are open yall's. We're officially in stage 3

Go get that Rona while it's fresh.

KARANTINA IST FURAVAR

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
it's because his base needs that psychological belly rub as they look down on/blame others for the shortcomings in their own lives.
They are every bit the scumbag Trump is, that's why they love seeing him get away with his scumbaggery.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Well, the barber shops, and most importantly hair salons, are open yall's. We're officially in stage 3

KARANTINA IST FURAVAR
still closed up here. LA phases are rolling out much slower but tomorow we get retail shops you can walk inside and churches (yay) Just got a cut though as my barber is doing cuts in her backyard and even though it was weird - it felt safe enough. My barber was maksed, gloved and disinfected everything right in front of me and I was masked, gloved and disenfected as well.

felt good to kick her some much needed $$ as even though shes sorta open for biz, the reservations just arent there.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

KARANTINA IST FURAVAR
I remember surfing Ticla 20 years ago and every 45 minutes a huge set wave would close out the entire point.

Maybe the next wave of the covid will be like that?

This is the 45 minute lull.:drowning:

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I remember surfing Ticla 20 years ago and every 45 minutes a huge set wave would close out the entire point.

Maybe the next wave of the covid will be like that?

This is the 45 minute lull.:drowning:
It's going to be somewhere between a 45 minute lull triple head close out and a Rhodesian Mad Max society.

Which way it goes, nobody noes.

I will get a haircut so I look good for the crematorium guy.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Rhodesian!

(but not the racial land grabs and white genocide part...just the one bit about economic metrics)

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I can't wait until they start crying we need to do this stuff to "fight" Climate Change.

This is a test, and only a test.
except there won't be nearly the critical mass to pull it off with that as the premise
barring some massive catastrophe