H2 experience with ...Lost Rocket, Stealth or Glider. Tri or quad??

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
I am 6'4" 225 and loved H2 large with my flyer f. Merrick, 6'4 x 20.5 x 2 9/16. (way better than the composite AM fins that came with it!). Until one fin broke off, that is. Anyways I just picked up a rocket ...Lost 6'2"x21x2.63 and the composite 7's that came with it don't seem right, kinda stiff/just not right. I replaced with some Rusty fiberglass 4.5's from an old rusty (made by rainbow) thick tip front and back but have thin tip back in for small wave. Works well, but Has anyone tried H2 large with this sizeish rocket? Or has anyone tried H2 large forward and h2 medium for rear or any rear that might loosen it up? Finally I really like the rocket so far and will be adding a stealth or glider for larger/crowded surf and will probably run with a quad set up, has anyone had any luck with H2L front and H2M back? I have some fiber glass Stretch fins that I have replaced all generic fins that have come with any new quads I have had and want to try something new and the H2's as I mentioned above went really well, plus the strtches are pretty chewed up! Thanks for the input if any! Plus if anyone didn’t like their H2's I would probably be willing to take of thier hands as they are not cheap new!!!

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
i cant surf without em
had aboard too thick and they solved that problem too with more leverage to sink the rail

hmmm

Kelly Slater status
Jan 13, 2002
000 whats ur weight? and what size h2's do you ride? I assume u use them in your quad setup?

pickles

Miki Dora status
Aug 18, 2003
Ventura, CA
I thought the H2s surfed really really weird in my rocket. Sometimes really loose, sometimes tracky, hard to predict and thus hard to surf well. I just surfed them once so maybe with time I could figure them out, but I just liked the board so much more with other fins.

I use Occy sides and a G5 in back in mine. I'm close to your size. You could just stick with the 7s up front and put a 5 in back to loosen it up, I also found it it be a little strangely too drivey with all G-MBs, big sides w/ smaller trailer is more what I was going for in that board. I also think this is what shane was doing in the vids on youtube. G-MB sides with some smaller generic fin in back.

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
That is inteersting Pickles. I actually put a 5 behind those Rusty fiberglass I am using but felt too slidy of the top with not enugh drive, like wierd faking it slides. Anyways I recomend you try those H2 maybe on a different board, they made my flyer go from fun to one of the best boards I have ever had. I think it has alot to do with the extra cant and it reminded me of one of my other favs my C5. The little c5 up front fins has extra cant. It seems like that cant takes carves a little farther and then you can trow into a slide at more of a purposefull point determined by your own time, if you like.