Guys riding Wavestorms at the better spots, why do you do it?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I think it does.

People thought twice in the past about getting into surfing when the boards weren't $90. Now these clowns buy the board during their weekly Costco trip and proceed to paddle out the popular spots without a second thought.
His board choice has nothing to do with it.

My first three surfboards cost less than $90 combined And they were all foam and fiberglass.

the difference back then was if you got out of line you’d get your ass kicked.

We need more of that.

Reactions: urchined

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
Was out a few years ago and a guy on a Wavestorm paddled out right past everyone and to the peak in a lineup full of top talent on a well overhead day. Such a good day with such a great vibe and a good rotation going in the lineup. Guy on the Wavestorm proceeded to drop in on people. Being a total dick .

longboarders and SUPers do that every day everywhere

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
this is a slippery slope - this logic already has me riding all snub or round-nosed surfboards

maybe they should be soft and finless :unsure:
whether its logical (tk u) or not depends upon injuries suffered.
4x broke nose, 8 stitches 1x 26 1x.
and thats just my precious face.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I don't mind if guys ride em, and I hope they don't mind when I drop in on them and outrun them.
When I’m on a Wavestorm anyone and everyone is free to drop in on me whenever they want.

Can‘t promise that it will turn out well though.

surfysurfy1476

Nep status
Jan 27, 2018
Soft top riders are mostly people who are trying to be cool or theyre mediocre surfers who are pulling the "oh im just having fun" as a coping mechanism. We are all out there to have fun, not just the soft top guys. Thankfully no one rides them at my local spots.