Guys riding Wavestorms at the better spots, why do you do it?

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Why not ride a regular longboard?
Why not mind your business? Unless they collide with me, I try to not care about other people and what they're doing on their waves. Once you catch it, it isn't my wave, so on to the next thought. I don't care if you ripped or just went straight...you went, I'm going next!

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
Hah, who even needs a fckn board? Swim out there, no fins, or with fins. Who actually cares? A dick on a softie is better than a dick with a real board, right?

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Why not mind your business? Unless they collide with me, I try to not care about other people and what they're doing on their waves. Once you catch it, it isn't my wave, so on to the next thought. I don't care if you ripped or just went straight...you went, I'm going next!
Geeze I was just asking. Relax

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
At the end of the day.....When we are on our death bed(or hopefully well before that), I hope *we* all realize how lucky we were just to be able SURF. It's not a luxury afforded to most of the earth's population....And here you(not directed at anyone) are...Griping about who is riding what kind of toy.

McHatin

Nep status
Apr 11, 2010
I couldn't really "feel" the wave on a soft-top. Plus it felt like I was gonna pull a muscle just putting the effort of trying to turn it.

I have not tried it yet but maybe the Almond boards are better than the 4" thick Costco foamies

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
This one should really divide the tribe lol

Hypto Krypto Softie

shaheeb

OTF status
Feb 24, 2013
Fruitboots haha.
Sad fact is Wavestorms are the most sold board in the world right now. I hate em for the fact that the true craftsmen of The so called 'surf industry' are loosing work because of em. The only way i'll get one is for my kids to thrash and learn on.

Pro Surfers, the leash, Ceo's of surf, magazines, videos all seem like they have had an impact on surfing.

So many stories on here of kooks that come out with zero etiquette. WTF is going on??? Someone needs to regulate or its going to be over, oh wait, maybe it already is. Dunno, try to have fun, surf away from the kooks of hazard, maybe that will help.

Heres a tip or two. IF you are new or a barn on a wavestorm : ) dont surf the best spots. go learn somewhere that suits your learning ability? think you are pretty good? think about it a little harder.... surfer closest to the peak has right of way, wait your turn, respect the elders. paddle towards the white water.

Reactions: bluemarlin04

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
Fruitboots haha.
Sad fact is Wavestorms are the most sold board in the world right now. I hate em for the fact that the true craftsmen of The so called 'surf industry' are loosing work because of em. The only way i'll get one is for my kids to thrash and learn on.

Pro Surfers, the leash, Ceo's of surf, magazines, videos all seem like they have had an impact on surfing.

So many stories on here of kooks that come out with zero etiquette. WTF is going on??? Someone needs to regulate or its going to be over, oh wait, maybe it already is. Dunno, try to have fun, surf away from the kooks of hazard, maybe that will help.

Heres a tip or two. IF you are new or a barn on a wavestorm : ) dont surf the best spots. go learn somewhere that suits your learning ability? think you are pretty good? think about it a little harder.... surfer closest to the peak has right of way, wait your turn, respect the elders. paddle towards the white water.
Yep!

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Fruitboots haha.
I have two wavestorms. Those boards have zero impact on the amount of other “normal” boards I buy.

PS: I never ask for bro deals or discounts. Sometimes I get them but I never ask.

What’s worse for the true craftsman, always asking for a deal (and getting them) or buying a Wavestorm?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I couldn't really "feel" the wave on a soft-top. Plus it felt like I was gonna pull a muscle just putting the effort of trying to turn it.
speaking only for wavestorms (every other softy I’ve ridden was horrible)...

...you‘re doing it wrong.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
That is my issue with them.

Few weeks ago a dude came out on a wavestorm and immediately proceeded to back paddle the entire lineup. No waiting, no greetings, just straight to the peak and hassling the locals who were waiting their turn. Then the guy pretended to be shocked when someone called him out on his bullshit.
His choice of board has nothing to do with it.

xmesa

Nep status
Jul 25, 2014
i like softies.
One just bonked my cheek but good.
no pasa nada.
a hardboard would've busted up my face.

this is a slippery slope - this logic already has me riding all snub or round-nosed surfboards

maybe they should be soft and finless :unsure: