Guys riding Wavestorms at the better spots, why do you do it?

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
thry are getting paid because they were riding them before and got good on them. Cant speak for Kalani but JOB used to buy em from costco like everyone else. Not condoning riding them - but he was riding them before any one gave him a penny to do so.

Not quite.

JOB started on the wavestorms for Costco as something to film for his VLOG.

He wasn’t getting paid for riding them but he was doing it for content which he got paid for. He would have never started were it not for the vlog and following

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Saw this hottie pull up at the beach today.

Tight shirt showing off some pretty epic oobies. Yoga pants displaying a little toe in the front and a round, juicy ass in the back.

She struts around to the back of her car, pops the trunk and pulls out a Wavestorm.

I got an instant softie as she was pulling one out of her car.

As I drove away, I thought to myself "would not bang."

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Aruka and Boneroni

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
would be cool to have a "lowers takeover" wavestorm crew storm the guys who followed me to my solo peak as soon as i go in

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
Lots of moving parts in this thread -

Wavestorms were the original topic here. I have one and enjoy riding it on junk days. It's also perfect when family come in from out of town and want to "learn how to surf."

However, no mention of higher-end soft tops... Channel Islands, Mayhem, Almond..... it appears most of those griping don't have any experience with new technology? Some neat boards out there.

A lot of this thread is about appropriate etiquette. Tell you what - I would rather deal with a ding dong on a soft top than a fiberglass board.

AND... this thread wouldn't be complete with out ol" Griff coming out of left field with a post about Jamie Sterling and his Tokoro quiver. Zero Relevance! Senior moment? Love ya Griffy. At least you didn't plug your boards in this thread. You're learning.

Regarding the "lowers takeover" video - some of those guys were kooks, careless, and could have hurt someone seriously. Weed those dudes out. Kalani David apparently didn't agree :p

Having said that, I agree with the overall spirit of the video. I think there should be a massive 1-day wavestorm takeover at every major spot.

Some of you ain't as cool as you think you are - probably don't surf as good as you think you do. Some serious entitlement issues with some of you. Doesn't matter if you're rich and have surfed your spot since you were a kid. You don't own the ocean.

Life is fleeting - We've lost OTF and Bloomies recently... probably the 2 coolest dudes to post on here.

We"re gonna be dead soon too. Every day is a blessing. Smile and respect each other... regardless of what they play with in the ocean. Remember, you're just playing in the ocean as well... SO DON'T BE A DICK!!

Last edited:

sdsurfrat

Michael Peterson status
Jun 2, 2008
Ran right over one today, I'm doing my part! Guy was grabbing every set wave and anything that moved. Looked like 3 marines. Gotta make sure your checks are gonna clear...that could have went south.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Saw this hottie pull up at the beach today.

Tight shirt showing off some pretty epic oobies. Yoga pants displaying a little toe in the front and a round, juicy ass in the back.

She struts around to the back of her car, pops the trunk and pulls out a Wavestorm.

I got an instant softie as she was pulling one out of her car.

As I drove away, I thought to myself "would not bang."
Her softie gave you a softie?

Reactions: jkb

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
AND... this thread wouldn't be complete with out ol" Griff coming out of left field with a post about Jamie Sterling and his Tokoro quiver. Zero Relevance! Senior moment? Love ya Griffy. At least you didn't plug your boards in this thread. You're learning.
It was marginally relevant, because we were discussing JOB's use of soft tops in the quiver as a tangent to the main point.

Reactions: rts265

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
Yeah Chee-to... I got you, but JOB and Kalani are sponsored by soft top companies... but doing a search of Jamie riding a soft top yields next to nothing and doesn't deserve a mention. It was just Griffy throwing his random tangent out of left field that wasn't relevant at all. Again, surprised he didn't plug one of his own boards in this thread. But yeah, that was a sick Tokoro quiver and digging the color jobs.

So funny with grown men whining about what others play with in the ocean. A simple twist of a chromosome could have placed you in a wheelchair for life. Some of ya'll need to look at the big picture and be thankful that you have the means and ability to surf at all. Remember to be thankful and smile at life each day. You have it pretty good.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
This has always been why I surf. To be away from people.
Oh come on. If you just want to be away from people, lock yourself in an empty room and meditate. You go surfing to ride waves, just like the rest of us. Stop lying to yourself. Your fun is being ruined by YOU.

Reactions: maybe

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
Listen up,

People whine about the crowds, about the conditions, about the other toys that people use in the ocean.

We've even got a political forum for people to complain on. Get rid of that sh!t. Lots of confused angry kooks there.

However, ff you expect to paddle out at a "known" spot and plan on getting an epic session... it probably won't happen. That's what many of you suffer from. Yet, you can always find a wave... it may be a close out - but you can always find a wave for yourself. Open your eyes and mind.

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
I noticed fairly skilled/experienced surfers using them almost like a fuck you statement. When this one spot, a park with all the amenities is fair to good in the summer/early fall weekend it gets, well like a park. A zoo with all walks of surfers and I was surprised to see so many softtops being ridden by surfers vying to be THE wave hog.
I have done the same thing with my longboard after an hour or two on the shortboard I'll swap em out and get another 30 rides after the tide or the wind or the crowds come up and change the scene.
I doubt the genie's going back in the bottle when it comes to crowds on the nice beach days especially, and it might not be the worst thing if a dozen agro surfers are all carefree frolicking on softies as opposed to groveling to juice all the nectar on pro-model performance boards.
Unfortunately, it has never been easier for the masses to paddle out.
I'm lucky to have gotten what I have had already and can still get alot more so it's hard to be too bummed with that perspective.
We are all gonna die so better wear a smile while you still can.
Enjoy the soft speed bumps.
Nah really all this sh!t blows.
Bah-Humbug!