guns are cool! Make sure you and your kids have plenty

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I remember when they weren't happening. What changed in the minds and hearts of kids that committing mass murder became a thing?
First for fun:

But for your question, increased isolation, unchecked mental health issues, WAY too easy access to pray and spray weapons, copycat behavior, and the need to be acknowledged by ANYONE. I think the internet has made almost all of this worse.

"Only a madman would give a loaded revolver to an idiot" - Fredric Brown

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Do we all agree that they should prosecute parents who buy their kids guns and then the kids misuse them? Or even if they don’t buy the gunk for the kids, if they just have them and improperly store them allowing kids to misuse them. Remember when the NRA was an organization primarily concerned with gun safety?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Do we all agree that they should prosecute parents who buy their kids guns and then the kids misuse them? Or even if they don’t buy the gunk for the kids, if they just have them and improperly store them allowing kids to misuse them. Remember when the NRA was an organization primarily concerned with gun safety?
Depends on the age of the child and the specific situation

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
If a child gets ahold of gun without any supervision (improperly stored gun) there should be consequences.

The level of the consequences should be commensurate with the level of the outcome of said child coming into possession of the weapon, but at a minimum the adult who irresponsibly allowed it to happen should be banned from possessing firearms for the rest of his/her life.

No excuse. Zero.

I say this as an extreme 2nd amendment defender.

schex

Miki Dora status
Jun 9, 2015
OB/Point Loma
My Uncle gave me my first gun at about 10 or 11. Perfectly normal and no one thought twice about it. I had already hunted for years but could not afford one until I bought my first shotgun one Christmas as my parents agreed to pay for 1/2 of it.
Every car and truck at my large (3k) HS had guns in them and gun racks were the norm. Every house had them and it was just normal.
No one ever used one in a crime (to my knowledge)
Fights were only between 2 people. No jumping in and if someone was down you either let them get up or quit.
There were codes of behavior much as used to be in the lineups

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
in New Jersey beach towns?
sure.

i remember hunting rabbits in the dunes. Brigantine. Inlet and north by the golf course.

ever drive around the woods during buck week? Some folks still tack em to their front porch if not on a pole in front of a club. All along the bay
Communities.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
it took FIFTY FKN YEARS for the states to ratify the Equal Rights Amendment

we have a broken system

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Some Repubs are talking about another Constitutional Convention. All they need are 34 state legislatures to OK it and they already have 31. Now THAT'S fucking scary!!!
I can't wait for the further advancement of our current government of corporate fascism.

Maybe it's time the western states cut off the rest of the country; first step is a 250% out-of-stater hotel/AirBnB tax. :)

Reactions: hammies