Guitar Pedals (help....)

Belchfire1

Nep status
Jun 27, 2013
Encinitas
I have a fender deluxe reverb 68 reissue amp and it's the greatest thing ever. a fender princeton or blues jr would be great choices, too. spring reverb and tubes are something that can't be duplicated.

Reactions: sdsrfr

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
There are so many pedalboard amps now for use with a PA, or "amp in a box" pedals where you can build your tone around

Even though they're Amazon China crap, the Joyo pedals get a good name for these. You could get the Joyo American Sound for your Fender tones and a Joyo British Sound for your Marshall tones

Once you have that base tone down, then add your other pedals. I would just get the Keely Dark Side right off the bat. It has a good Fuzz, Analog Delay, Phaser, Rotary, and Univibe all in one

littlewave

Michael Peterson status
Nov 15, 2009
Orange County
The bose amp is more like a PA, kinda. No amp modeling or tones at all, besides basic EQ and reverb. I got it for playing classical guitar.

I'm looking for mid-high gain (but clear) rock distortion, and I'd also like an overdrive with a buttery mid boost for playing lead.
So you need an amp in a box type pedal to give you some compression and grit and eq, plus another flavor or two of boost maybe. That or a modeler, but if you're spending modeling money, unless the gig requires ampless, might as well just get a small tube combo.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
In my apartment days I used a fender champ 600 with tone stack mods and switchable mid boost circuit. Not too bad for a 6” speaker. Class A all tube 1x 6v6.

owners of the building shared a wall and never complained.

tubes or bust!

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I’ve heard

Apparently the SS Oranges are pretty good, as well as the new digital Fender Tone Masters
The difference bettwen the Fender digital and the Kantana is really noticeable.

The fender is all the things that the haters say it is.

But the Kantana can sound good.

drunjk

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 27, 2017
we've gone over this. pair of twin reverbs, fully split stereo delay, exercise in clarity of stereo separation through imperfect timing, also helps understand how to lead or lag the present when improvising. a lot of
"tone" is stereo trickery you'll never reproduce through one speaker. brown sugar. pretty basic. many have experienced and understand this and are still miserable, empty, lost, irrelevant, poor, crazy, mediocre, talented, bitter, or mediocre and famous. also can explore durgs, volume, feedback, overtones, bath salts, alligator porcupine hybrids and the jkhn ugjghvv jkfcv dxfcsdlkj kh

averagejoe

Miki Dora status
May 28, 2008
So far away
www.mardawg.com
I do 95% of my practicing/playing through the Katana on 0,5 Watts. Once I get something where it’s recognizable, I’ll try it through the Mark V or crank the katana to 50 or 100W. The Mark V definitely sounds and feels the best. It is also such an articulate amp that it really amplifies all the mistakes. Way more than the katana at equal volume. I think the katana must have some built in compression or maybe that’s just part of the deal using digital gear. The Mark V is its own instrument. I also have a Vox AC10 that I can get to sound “better” than the katana but omg the thing is loud for a 10w amp.

This video popped up on thegearpage forum and I think it’s pretty rad

PJ

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 27, 2002
Shrub Oak,N.Y.,USA
I have a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe - built in Mexico in 2004 or so. Real tube - 45 or 50 watt - real spring reverb. Say away from the Hot Rod. Sounds nice but there's a common problem where the resistors for the relay DC power supply get too hot and burn out causing the amp to sound scratchy on its own like static. I've had it fixed twice for about $500 total. I'm going to fix it myself this time with higher wattage resistors.

Reactions: Belchfire1