Guess who got an Invite to "The Surfer Poll" ?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
complete with an entire tribute to the therapeutic powers of jewish american comfort food. the thread really has it all

surf cat

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jan 14, 2002

Me, telling John John about a young lady I went surfing with who has gone surfing daily since 2011
I told her she will out surf me one day...I surf at least only thee waves some days. She rides any least 4 rides with an amazing style!
JJ wants to meet her

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
Jesus Christ people. chill the fvck out. I haven't followed his story and simply questioned the "record" and his motives. I knew I would catch crap, but oh well. Honestly, who goes into a surf session thinking that "I need to catch 3 to the beach?" Dale, you didn't surf on the ASP tour back in the day did you?

All joking aside, Dale, I've never met you. However, you appeared genuine to me after I watched your "streak" video on youtube just now. You came off as a little sad... like it wasn't worth it, considering what you sacrificed.

Hope life is treating you well.

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
Dale, that shirt is sick as fvck

John, why do you look like an extra on Office Space?

surf cat

Jan 14, 2002
allow me to quote me the Bible of the sport...
On September 2, 1975, inspired by the swell know at the monster from new zealand. Man entered the water on an exterordinatry quest.from that point forward for 20 (40) years of his life ,this man has surfed at least three waves the beach every day. Undeniably ,...every single day for more than 7,000 days now . His goal is to surf every day for a lunar cycle. A lunar cycle lasts 28 lasts..... he dreams of February 29 th ( every 4 years the calender gives us an extra day February 29 th I surfed a decade of leap years 1976 - 2012. )
... he wears out surfboard fins becaus he doesn’t consider a complete wave unlist his fin drags in the sand. He has a number of fins lying around his house.they look like eroded fossils. ....... started surfing in Orange County back in 1957 when mission Viejo was a buffalo farm.
... nicknamed an honorary lake Erie local because of the conditions that no one in their mind would would paddle out outm

- l could go on but you get the idea.
Written by Matt George

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
When we were hanging with Duncan on that trip, he referred to what Dale had done as a "meditation," and it was one of the most apt and descriptive terms I could imagine for what Dale has accomplished. I respected what Dale had done already, but that word of Duncan's put it into perspective for me.

Thanks Dale, and PPK and this whole erBB crew for letting me be a part of it all. My family and I won't forget it, ever.

Reactions: john4surf

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I surfed with Dale on his way down the coast one day and he suggested a little 50yd stretch of sand that gets OK on small days. We traded a few waves for a short while before I headed to work. It was pretty amazing that he called that tiny little stretch of sand. It was about 2-3' faces and only us two, and for sure one of only 2 decent (and maybe even surfable) spots that morning for 15+ miles in either direction. A few minutes drive from where I lived and I probably wouldn't have surfed that morning. Thanks Dale :wave2:

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
dude, dale phookin rocks!

no erBB butts aboot it!

if this guy's too lazy to read, his loss... shiiiirt, like i said b4... da yutes deeze dayz!

"can somebody give me the cliff notes to what stock means? i'm like, you know, way too busy to actually read about it myself"

good, got that off my grey haired chest, now, get off my lawn!

you don't deserve the truth!

:rolleyes: :socrazy: :monkey:

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
Honored to have played a small part in this epic event.

This thread is the best example of the ohana we have here on the erBB. Sure, we are a dysfunctional family, but a family nonetheless.

Here's a new one of Dale. "Shaka brah! Everything's cool."

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
Here are a few outtakes from Surfer Poll 2015:

Backside downcarve

JJF: "When I grow up I want to be just like you."

Getting cozy with the StabMag crew

One last selfie

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
One of the highlights of my surfing life, hosting those two legends. Dale and PPK, you guys are really great people. Mahalos!

And to sponge and all of you internet miscreants who helped make it happen, I really do appreciate it. It was all of us.

Reactions: john4surf

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Oh the ironing. I now have ample miles again to get mrs subway and myself to hawaii (and Dale too if he wants to come to Kauai). i guess we're sort of allowed to go? With 72 hour negative test results? we're sticking to florida for T'day and Xmas, simply because family is really important right now. My mom has been enjoying herself as best she can, but she's REALLY bummed out about my sisters trump-o-mania. So this year we will do both holidays with her down in sunny flat florida. But darn if a couple weeks on Kauai wouldn't be perfect for February.

Edited because i just read this entire thread again, start to finish, laughing and happy-crying, then really crying when Surfwordz chimed in on the thread a couple years ago...that's a lot of emotion for a half hour's worth of reading.

Last edited: