Guess who got an Invite to "The Surfer Poll" ?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I've had a rough fall, this thread is therapy for the soul!

So much in life to be grateful for

surf cat

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jan 14, 2002

At one point I was laughing so hard it hurt I couldn't breathe, painful just painful
:roflmao:

Beerbelly

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2010
Best thread involving the best folks here! So fn rad. Hard to explain to outsiders.

Hump

Phil Edwards status
Jan 10, 2002
Vancouver Island
I've been here almost as long as anyone and this thread and the events it's about will go down in history as the best thread ever.

It can't be any other way, given what happened, the missed flight, the co-ordination of events, the pics and the reports with the awesome prank being a huge part of it for sure, but geeze, you guys putting it all together like that was awesome for sure.

I've had numerous people comment on my T-shirt from Dale so I get to explain what happened etc.

99% of the reactions have been positive with the exception of one gal who thought we were all crazier than outhouse rats.

Screw her.

Best thread ever..............................................prove me wrong.

Big Ball of Brown may be second.

Take care.

surf cat

Jan 14, 2002
Guess who found the flaw that make it possible to “top” a post over 2 years old ?
:wave2:

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
Surf Cat - hope you achieved what you were going for. Hope it's been a good ride. Stay stocked!

Just gonna say.... and I will catch the venom of the erBB on this... if you are a true surfer, why try and promote yourself as some Guinness book of world records dude? What's your goal? Would help out if you had a solid movie clip of you shredding.

I lived a few hours north of you in Humboldt for 6 years... there were many, many days with wind-swept, freezing, sharky gnarly huge days... no one out.

Not trying to be a dick but, what did you constitute a day of Surfing? Driving down and checking it out some days?

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
plate of venom not neccesary grass smoka, just watch dale's section in that blue crush walk on water feel good movie documentary thingie that the younger brown put out... step into your salty liquids or some such?

yawn....

then, come back to your sticky keyboard and ask uncle google about dale.

when you're done? take the time to read this thread. in its entirety!

and if you still are not savvy to what gives?

call uncle larry in the hawaiian islands out west of youse.... ask him, he has some surfwordz for you son.

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
Fuerte,

No Sticky keyboard, no venom, and not going to read 70 pages of this thread.

I bet Dale is cool as fvck. Hope to surf with him one day.

All I'm sayin' it that -
1. I lived in that region for a handful of years... there are days that aren't surfable. if his "record" is true, I can guarantee you that he put his suit on, paddled out 10 yards and caught whitewater in on a number of days.
2. But hey, he parlayed this thing into media attention and recognition. Something I don't understand or want for myself.

Dale, if you read this, not bummed or anything man... hope you are enjoying life and having some fun.

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
your keyboard is not sticky cause you still don't "know" dale....

you get what you deserve son, law of attraction. is this news to anyone anymore?

put in the legwork, daily dale is totally worth it... even if just to "know of him" virtually through a thread like this?

your life will already become a little bit better.

and since you are so lazy, danyutes deese dayz!

3 waves from beginning to end, peak to kickout, constitutes a minimum....for "those dark days" you talk about.

you aren't the only one who's surfed north of the golden gate,no matter how far north you lived, nor how many times you entered the water...

i've surfed up as far north as the la pushe area and tofino for several years, almost a decade, but i still consider myself to be blessed just to know about someone like dale webster.

also, if you don't care so much? why do you keep caring so much? your curiosity has clearly been peaked....

satisfy it.

p.s. 47 does not equal 70.... yet.

Peter1

Nep status
Jul 29, 2005
maybe said:
Fuerte,

All I'm sayin' it that -
1. I lived in that region for a handful of years... there are days that aren't surfable. if his "record" is true, I can guarantee you that he put his suit on, paddled out 10 yards and caught whitewater in on a number of days.
2. But hey, he parlayed this thing into media attention and recognition. Something I don't understand or want for myself.

Dale, if you read this, not bummed or anything man... hope you are enjoying life and having some fun.
This is stupid as F***. Dale Webster was NEVER anything other than transparent as to what constitutes a day of surfing. 3 waves to the beach, nothing more nothing less. Nothing about perfect, glassy offshore etc. But he was out there every damn day. Have you read nothing about him before that sh**post?

How is is profiting, getting rich etc off this? What's wrong with a little media attention? He would be the first to say it's all in good fun.

PhatCruiser

Michael Peterson status
Feb 8, 2007
maybe said:
Fuerte,

All I'm sayin' it that -

It's your loss if you don't want to read this thread in it's entirety. It's the most stock-filled amazing thread ever. Do you really think the erBB, with the crustiest, bitterest, sarcastic, cynical denizens of the Interwebs would show this much love to a guy that wasn't legit?