Grow Site Found by Rangers in Death Valley NP

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
Perhaps, but "they" saw "something" right there that nobody else did & went for it ~
"A," for tremendous effort
A+ for making it happen

Discuss .....
100%. Tremendous effort to say the least. Gotta be cartel guys with nothing/too much to lose. Too much effort and struggle for anyone else, especially since it's legal to grow in CA and NV these days.

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
100%. Tremendous effort to say the least. Gotta be cartel guys with nothing/too much to lose. Too much effort and struggle for anyone else, especially since it's legal to grow in CA and NV these days.
There is also something else in the equation, that's a major player ~ :unsure:

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Maybe seasonal workers somewhere like Panamint Springs with employee housing close to the spot? Would be a pretty good setup and if it gets taken, you still got the resort job $ at the end of it. Other than that, even Lone Pine or Ridgecrest is a good 1-2 hr drive in.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
A little history. Jail Canyon is area an old mining site called Corona Mine. There is still a miners cabin and quite a bit of stuff out there. The old miners used water from a natural spring in the canyon for their operation. its a rarely visited canyon by offroaders.

Last edited:

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
There is also something else in the equation, that's a major player ~ :unsure:
BINGO!!!

The old miners used water from a natural spring in the canyon.

First thing in the photo that got my attention was the greenery on the left side of frame, curling around at the bottom of the photo and then off to the right. The greenery to me means moisture or water in the ground and the chosen area to grow ... right in the middle of the moisture flow.
I truly appreciate the growers tenacity, foresight and balls.

Love the desert and it's starkness and beauty.

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
I had a grow site like that back in the late 70's out on private Irvine Ranch property around Big Peters Canyon lake. It wasn't nearly that large though. Only about 50 plants.
It got busted and they tore up all the plants and broke all the tools. But they never caught us because we were stealth. It would have been a good payola but wasn't meant to be.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I put a trail cam out for a few weeks looking for wildlife and randomly got 2 guys going in late afternoon and out at night with their irrigation stuff. One thing is for sure, those 2 dum dums got completely covered in poison oak.

weed1.JPG