Grom surf contracts - DONE

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
He still rips. Vested in a few companies. Has three kids, two baby mamas. Travels a lot. Living the dream, but not really surf related.

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
Saw Jun a couple weeks ago at Bowls. He was killing it. Think he was on a Gally. Few feet overhead no leash. Did a bs floater on falling part of the curtain not on top over two sections.

Here’s his ig.

http://instagr.am/p/B_QqWdVDBQk/
I think I might be one of the few that know what a Gally is.

If it's a CGD then that's who I was thinking of.

Super good guy. Known him since the early beginnings. Great shaper!

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
I think I might be one of the few that know what a Gally is.

If it's a CGD then that's who I was thinking of.

Super good guy. Known him since the early beginnings. Great shaper!
My bad. Jun rides for 303 Surfboards out of Japan. I get the CGD and 303 logos confused.

Shuji Kasuya rides the Gallys.

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
Gents, please lets not make this a 12 pager talking about kids and women.

I suppose there are philosophical ideas being shared about life pursuit in general, so carry on, but geeezus. o_O:sleep::LOL:

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Speaking of Groms Done, this kid Noah Hill (Maui) is going to Santa Barbara city college after doing 1 year on the QS last year. Said being a pro surfer isn't a thing now (on his IG stories a couple weeks back).

http://instagr.am/p/B5V6g-1Hm7j/
I like this grooms surfing.

Looks to be pretty big. 6 ft and prob close to 200 lbs.

Being a pro surfer is a rough endeavor too. You don’t wanna be 30 and left with no education or life skills once the the companies find no use for you anymore.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Speaking of Groms Done, this kid Noah Hill (Maui) is going to Santa Barbara city college after doing 1 year on the QS last year. Said being a pro surfer isn't a thing now (on his IG stories a couple weeks back).

Couple of points...

1. There are no lefts here.

2. There are no waves here.

3. SBCC isn’t even having in person classes so he should move back to Maui and do it from there.

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
There is literally no money in men's aquatics. Title IX has even decimated most of the scholarships for men. There were guys on our college waterpolo team who were also on the Olympic team and still didn't have full rides.

"Range" by David Epstein explains why you can't take a kid and train him to be an elite athlete in a particular sport from a young age. I remember talking to a guy who had his kids in twice a day swim practices at the local club. He wasn't tall nor was his wife so none of his kids are going to make it in the elite level of swimming setting aside their body segment lengths which also have to be right. He was also telling me that a lot of high school coaches don't make club athletes practice with their teams: the athletes just show up for the meets. What message does this send to the non-club swimmers?
Most ultra stud athletes, boys and girls, were multi-sport athletes. These yo-yo parents who focus their life and the life of the family into one sport are actually screwing themselves. But hey, gotta keep up with the other yo-yo parents.

Biggest bummer was seeing kids burned and blown out, both physically and emotionally, before they graduate high school.

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii

instagram]B5V6g-1Hm7j
Pretty impressive that he can do a one handed dunk.

Has some Youtoob vids that are pretty entertaining.

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
:rolleyes:

Now there's a dad who really teaches life lessons, you know, pushing his kid into waves from the top of the pack at Lowers since before he was out of diapers.

"Fvck 'em all, you're tops kid!"

Wish we had more dads like him.
Hey, worked for Carissa Moore, at least the pushing in from the peak part. Not Lowers though, most S Oahu spots.

toowalled

Nep status
Jul 3, 2014

Great just what we need more wanna be pro transplants at rincon And sandspit taking ig pics.And going to school at cc :LOL:really means partying on the mesa

• Haha
Reactions: JBerry and racer1

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Noah was pretty gnarly at a really young age. Like under 12.

I remember his big rotation at US Champs one year. Good to see that he is checking other things out. Maui seems like a great place to potentially burn out and get bitter if you don't leave for a while.

Reactions: racer1