groin pull pain surfing question

cant

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 18, 2003
Santura
Hi surfing doctor. I pulled my groin. It hurts really bad when I walk, or lift my leg whilesitting, lying down, or any position. If I sit for 1/2 hr, then walk, it hurts bad. However, I feel NO pain while I surf. SO, surfing actually HELPS my groin pull. Can I get a prescription for mandatory 2 surfing hrs a day during the week, excluding driving time? The only time this would work is during work hours, so I'll need to show the doctors note to my boss. Any alternative you may have would be appreciated too, but not necessary. Thanks Doc.

[ February 01, 2003, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: Captainnn ]

SombreroBandit

Michael Peterson status
Jan 19, 2002
the beach
im just gettin over one. and i too could stagger to the water but then surf fine. just beware cuz if u do a big snap and tweak ur leg just a little wrong it can hurt sooo bad. it actaully helped my shortboarding a lot being forced to only ride a shortboard for 2 weeks.

SurfDoc

Michael Peterson status
Dec 19, 2002
ex-pat Huntington Beach
Visit site
Groin strains are funny bugs. Somethings hurt and pain like the devil and other things don't seem to bother them. And they can take months to go away.

Sorry but I can't write you that surfing prescription. If I could I'd write one for myself licketysplit!