Groin Injury - 7 months now.

thelodge

OTF status
Jan 25, 2009
My groin has not been 100% for over 6 months now and I'm starting to get concerned. I stayed off of it (no surfing) for over a month. I can surf on it but some days are worse than others. I went to PT but no better results. Any advice? I'm going to go back to my PT exercises and take a month off of surfing.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Yeah, get an olympic bar, lie on your back, with the bar between your legs, turn one leg out on ground, roll the bar along those adductors.

That will probably fix,

Roll the glutei and outer legs.

IF this is the problem, it will fix fast.

If not you tried and can try something else

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
they take serious time to heal, i had one so bad that my leg was purple, i was out for a while, think there are still lingering effects years later.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
It's a collagen injury. The collagen injury injured the muscle. You can't fix it without replacing the damaged collagen. Without massage intervention it could take months. Massage can cut recovery time drastically. It breaks up the injured collagen for your body to reabsorb.

thelodge

OTF status
Jan 25, 2009
Groin pain still here so I decided to take off from surfing and sit out until I'm 120% healed.
I have been resting and stretching.
I feel I get worse after PT exercises so I stopped doing them. Light stretching only.

I'm dying to do cardio. What cardio can I do that will not hurt my groin? I'm thinking of just paddling in my bay on my surfboard a few times per week just to keep moving.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Muscle belly injuries are stubborn. Tendonitis even more so. I wouldn't recommend stretching for either if that's the issue. Easy activity to get warm and do a little more daily as you can. Resting isn't going to heal you.

thelodge

OTF status
Jan 25, 2009
It has been a frustrating injury. I have arthritis in my hip so I guess that contributed to my pull.

Stretching and PT have been helping a bit. Doing nothing or resting makes it worse.

Not even close to getting back in the water. I'm hoping I will be 100% by April.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Groin pain still here so I decided to take off from surfing and sit out until I'm 120% healed.
I have been resting and stretching.
I feel I get worse after PT exercises so I stopped doing them. Light stretching only.

I'm dying to do cardio. What cardio can I do that will not hurt my groin? I'm thinking of just paddling in my bay on my surfboard a few times per week just to keep moving.
This is a bad treatment plan most PTs give you. Lets try to strengthen a muscle that is tight and strained, making it worse.

Strengthening makes muscles tighter.

Stretch and gentle massage. Ice. Ice. Ice.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
This is a bad treatment plan most PTs give you. Lets try to strengthen a muscle that is tight and strained, making it worse.

Strengthening makes muscles tighter.

Stretch and gentle massage. Ice. Ice. Ice.
Well, 100% of medical evidence says ice does not help heal, and is actually a hindrance. It is also 100% impossible to call a "strong" muscle a "tight" muscle.....mostly because tight isn't a definition of a state of muscle tissue. Did you mean something else?

Incremental stress of a muscle causes tissue growth, maintains or improves range of motion and aids healing due to increases in temperature and blood flow. Stress can be administered different ways. For a muscle injury stress should begin with very light external resistance and very high repetition. As the person progresses through the injury the external resistance is increased and the repetition is reduced, while the accumulated stress remains near constant. When the person is able to access full range of motion without much discomfort you begin adding incremental stress according to feedback from the person and observation of the movement patterns.

Reactions: Havoc