Grocery Store Situation

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
We were discussing Costco as an option and whether it was worth it. She went to the store twice in the last 3 weeks and we have a Safeway delivery on the way tomorrow (we'll see how it works). Normally, buying in bulk for the 2 of us is pretty silly. But the Mrs REALLY does not want to go out more than she has to so she's considering it. Pasta, jarred pasta sauce, break down and freeze some proteins, snacks, other staples..

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
On my last 4 pack of one-ply prison/rest-stop quality TP as of this morning. Will be making a rie/bean/beer/sauce/TP run later today.

Reactions: Leaverite

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Update from buddy who just went to Poway Costco today:
Ok. Long line to get in but went fast. Very well stocked. Got tp and paper towels, booze etc. only thing they didn't have was English muffins and Spam. Our Costco has a list out front of they heavily purchased items and their status. A NOTE TO ALL: Costco will be limiting entrance to ONE person per card in the coming days. No more kids/families.

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
We were discussing Costco as an option and whether it was worth it. She went to the store twice in the last 3 weeks and we have a Safeway delivery on the way tomorrow (we'll see how it works). Normally, buying in bulk for the 2 of us is pretty silly. But the Mrs REALLY does not want to go out more than she has to so she's considering it. Pasta, jarred pasta sauce, break down and freeze some proteins, snacks, other staples..
Costco provisioned me. I hit them three weeks ago for everything I could need. Only been to the grocery once since, to try and find TP for a friend. I have two refrigerators and food for two months. Easy.

But... I didn't buy enough wine.:(

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
On my last 4 pack of one-ply prison/rest-stop quality TP as of this morning. Will be making a rie/bean/beer/sauce/TP run later today.
My brother is in the farming bidness. One of his good friends has a portable outhouse business. The guy buys that cheap 1 ply by the semi load. My brother is working on getting a pallet of it.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I went to Target and Vons today. Both seemed back up to normal except paper products. Target had more stock than Vons

My first trip to Target this morning was aborted because 8a-9a on Tuesday and Wednesday is reserved for elderly and vulnerable.

Both stores seemed like they had more workers than normal. There's a lot of cleaning going on. Target had a person manning the carts with gloves and mask, she sprayed and wiped the handles and then gave the cart to me.

Overall population of the stores is less crowded than normal. No reason to be scared to go out to the stores

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Was offered 12 rolls of double ply today. Turned it down. Sketchy old Hippy chick neighbor. Greatful Dead. She has been scrounging around here daily for weeks.

Ground zero.

Told her Late. After a big disinfectant I will claim it.

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Three weeks now going to my local market, The paper was cleared day 1.

A few scores from friends. They will all probably die first from exposure. I don't dis encourage them. If i am offered 12 rolls. I will take it. Breaking the original packaging. Choosing my own rolls out of that unbroken packaging. Peace my infected Brobras...

Icu812

Nep status
Jun 23, 2013
WEST of 101
Went to Costco in Eureka for the early bird over 60 hour (69 here), got there at 8:45 and the geezers were lined up clear across the front..geez, wth? Get in and out by 9:15, blew right past the hardware type sh!t, went straight for the food...they had a stack of tp the size of a semi truck with a worker standing nearby, I go 'man that should last a while', he says, 'no, it'll be gone by this afternoon'..WTF is the deal with the tp?? Anyway, get outside, the parking lot is empty...so basically it was a geezer rush, then nothing. By the way, I think if you have capacity to store large packages of stuff Costco is a better bet than regular supermarkets 'cause Costco stuff I think basically mostly only sees forklifts. Human hands don't touch it to get it on the shelf. My $.02.

Reactions: oeste858

Belchfire1

Nep status
Jun 27, 2013
Encinitas
Enema.

A flexible shower handle. when the world is running down.... Lot's of bleach. Eat a lot of soup.
I bought a bidet on Amazon, installed it yesterday. Heavy duty spray action, for sure. The wife cut up some leftover fleece fabric in 4" squares for wiping, throw 'em in washer, no probs. A
big FU to the toilet paper scam, I'm good