Grocery Store Situation

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Line to get in Trader Joes was 30 people deep yesterday. They are only letting a few in at a time.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
The Albertsons, Vons, and Target I frequent are all back to normal except paper products

I guess you have to go in early for those

There's a Ralphs I used to like to go to but they were treating it like a club only letting a few people in at once and making them stand in line outside so I'm done with that place

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Just got done shopping(coastal NJ) stock was good considering except not a single roll of paper towels/TP.

ratfink

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 15, 2008
Texas Gulf de Mexico
I wouldn't want to work in a grocery store. A thousand or so people a day coming, breathing all over the place, handling everything.

On my last grocery run, the store was packed, and everyone seemingly nonchalant about it. Plenty of elderly wandering around. The only person in the store wearing a mask was me. Lots of virus getting passed around in that environment.

I work for HEB grocery. Many us consider this our duty to continue to provide food and hope. We will get through this. I've seen more acts of kindness than selfishness. The numbers have settled down for the most part. Today, I'm working the door. Wiping down carts, providing hand sanitizer, encouragingly social distancing.
We're holding fast.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I work for HEB grocery. Many us consider this our duty to continue to provide food and hope. We will get through this. I've seen more acts of kindness than selfishness. The numbers have settled down for the most part. Today, I'm working the door. Wiping down carts, providing hand sanitizer, encouragingly social distancing.
We're holding fast.
These kind of things show which people really matter in a society.

Belchfire1

Nep status
Jun 27, 2013
Encinitas
First trip to the grocery for me in almost 2 weeks. Wife went last time. Plenty of food, no TP, the only thing I couldn't get was frozen fruit. All in all, a good trip. Although, I felt the need to scratch my face almost the whole time. I resisted but it just added stress. Now I gotta figure out if I need to wipe everything down or what, groceries are literally sitting on my kitchen floor as I type. farkin hell

Joshua2415

Tom Curren status
Jul 18, 2005
San Clemente
Went to Trader Joe's for a few things last night and everything seems to be stocked and somewhat normal (other than the limits that are still in place for some items). Saw these at the checkout and had to buy a bag to see how they are...definitely not as hot as I hoped/expected but really good flavor.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
are they spicy?

I am tired of spicy chips that aren't fkn spicy

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016

Union Charter coming in 3..2..1... Good on 'em. Fuck Bezos.
Safeway and other unionized grocery groups have bargained for safer working conditions and hazard pay and they've achieved it.

We're holding fast.
I salute you. Thank you.
All emergency responders, medical staff, public transpo, grocery workers, deserve some accolades. Probbaly a raise too. And the ability to bargain collectively. And better benefits.....

ratfink

Jul 15, 2008
Texas Gulf de Mexico
Union Charter coming in 3..2..1... Good on 'em. fook Bezos.
Safeway and other unionized grocery groups have bargained for safer working conditions and hazard pay and they've achieved it.

I salute you. Thank you.
All emergency responders, medical staff, public transpo, grocery workers, deserve some accolades. Probbaly a raise too. And the ability to bargain collectively. And better benefits.....
HEB got ahead of this and gave everyone a $2 bump per hour effective March 16.

Reactions: afoaf

bobwarren

Nep status
Feb 24, 2016
Neptune Beach FL
Tuesday, Publix was crowded. No TP, no paper towels, no napkins, no meat. Some fish, plenty of bacon, milk and eggs in good supply. Pasta/rice pretty picked over but some available. Great selection of greens/lettuce, onion choice not great eg you had to buy a 3# bag because the single onions are all nuked. IMHO they should have cut open the bag - I'll probably have a couple go rotten on me. No tp.

A few dudes on half-empty public transport have their legs encroaching on leg space of empty seats next to them, now we have to hear about manspreading. Not sure what you call it when there is a hurricane or epidemic and women are blockading aisle entry texting. Constantly cart on one side, them standing on the other, aisle blocked. Over and fucking over and fucking over again. Shopping carts need horns with Ludacris Move Bitch.

Saturday I went to buy beer for my dad and some 60-something in a Jerry Falwell shirt made it a point to not socially distance, just got two feet away to force small talk with multiple people starting with me, mostly concerning how this is all a big hoax. A second clerk opened a line (drugstore) and I was next in line standing next to this checkout counter, the clerk asks for next in line, this shitstain almost bumps into me throwing his sh!t onto counter in a ridiculous attempt to skip. No tp.
LOLOL women have zero self or spacial awareness in these situations.

Same with parking. "OMG am I too close to that car next to us?". "Hell fucking no, you drive a VW!!!".

Reactions: Kento

shikaka

OTF status
Mar 10, 2003
I was scavenging in the barren freezer section.

One of the store workers asked what I was looking for, and I told him I was hoping to find broccoli for our toddler.

While the store worker was telling me they were all sold out, a passerby overheard our conversation and took a single bag of broccoli out of her cart, placing it in mine. “He needs this more than me” she said.

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
I was scavenging in the barren freezer section.

One of the store workers asked what I was looking for, and I told him I was hoping to find broccoli for our toddler.

While the store worker was telling me they were all sold out, a passerby overheard our conversation and took a single bag of broccoli out of her cart, placing it in mine. “He needs this more than me” she said.
It's stuff like that that makes me believe the human race actually has a chance

ratfink

Jul 15, 2008
Texas Gulf de Mexico
Does anybody think this is price gouging? Should I report it?
My wife actually got in early at Alberton's and was able to secure a 12 pack of TP to the tune of $21!

Bullshit, our prices stay the same.
We do the right thing.
This is a marathon, not a sprint. We're in for the long haul.