Middle Beach Commons Pube Licks Jax Beach (spots named; suck me) lunch report

DONE:
Bleach
Toilet Paper
Paper Towels
Napkins
Bulk bag rice
Bulk bag beans

Box pasta pretty thin supply; prepackaged sides, velveeta, sh!t like that was still laying around some. Fresh pasta on sale LOLOLOL fckng plebs.

Pretty much everything else available, especially produce. Not an endless supply of chicken breasts but pretty good meat supply vs last Tuesday when that sh!t was empty. Plenty of milk, half and half, solid but not overflowing supply of eggs.

Canned soups in decent+ supply, bakery had lots of bread products as did bread aisle. I'm guessing fresh soups are 86 in case people cough on them or something? Didn't even think to notice bottled water.

As you walk in, there are two pillars with bases people sometimes sit on just outside the store. Almost always look homeless. Say 9-10' apart. I have no idea why the f--k people do that. Anyway, sure enough, two fckng beard hipster people posted up, having a conversation with each other. Every single person coming in or out of that store headed to or from the West lot had to walk between them or go around. They were gone when I came out so hopefully someone told them to FOAD.

I asked the checkout clerk about toilet paper and paper towels when she asked me if I found everything okay. I could tell they get this a lot so I was like, look, I'm cool, I'm probably cool damn near til next Winter, I just want to know, is America out, does it get re-stocked...

"It's been getting re-stocked every two days for the most part. You have get here early the first day. There's a line at the door in the morning and it's gone pretty fast once word gets out."

Someone made a remark about Pokemon Go recently on the erBB. That's what toilet paper and paper towels appear to be at this point. It's like a pet rock, or Tickle-me-Elmo or some sh!t. I can't wait for the "If I don't turn 1432847192374231% profit selling TP by the roll on craigslist I'll be homeless." Build a toilet paper igloo and die in it, mother fucker.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
People are home, not working. The shower is right next to the shitter.

You just jump in an wash your anus

What else is there to do

Reactions: Aruka

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Went to three stores today to buy sugar and flour.

Nearly all sold out of those items.

Guess people are baking cookies with their kids.

Sweetie-pie is making bread (whole wheat and rye flour were around, regular general purpose enriched gone).

Also garlic, gone.

On the upside, got three pineapples I can eat in about 10 days (green, so very green pineapples), and can of beer for tonight.....can't depress the immune system too much with ethanol no matter how medicinal the lupens (from hops) can be.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Damn, those cookies look bomb, you bastard! :p

I had a dentist appointment today... at the dentist's house!!
He even gave me his cell and we texted last night and today to arrange around our schedules.
How often does a Dr give you his cell?!?!?!

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I made oatmeal chocolate chip almond cookies the first week.

The Mrs made some chocolate chips (pre made tollhouse kine) and brownies

I've been trying to make a sourdough starter with some expired AP flour. I made 2, one never came to life. I think I killed the other on day 4 when I should've fed it twice a day. I'll take a look at it before bed. Whole Wheat flour is on the shopping list.

Might make some choco chip cookies tomorrow with some gluten free flour I found in the pantry.

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
I wouldn't want to work in a grocery store. A thousand or so people a day coming, breathing all over the place, handling everything.

On my last grocery run, the store was packed, and everyone seemingly nonchalant about it. Plenty of elderly wandering around. The only person in the store wearing a mask was me. Lots of virus getting passed around in that environment.

Reactions: ratfink