Grocery Store Situation

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
“Coin shortage” is the globalists first salvo moving us to cashless society slavery ;)
I bought something with a $20 bill at the corner store today that was just over $5. I told the guy I could grab some coins from my car and he's like, "Naw you're good, the change shortage is a bunch of BS" :ROFLMAO:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Why so triggered, bros?
I thought the shopping experience and selection sucked, and the primary things I needed were spring mix (or mixed greens or whatever the f--k salad base medley you call it) and some romaine lettuce. The romaine hearts were fkcng sh!t compared to Publix, be it "Greenwise" or chemmy, and they had literally no 'normal' sized tubs of spring mix. Or any spring mix. They did have like eleventy tubs of just spinach and just kale. Lots of the smaller tubs of other sh!t, they were tilted upright, so they all kind of collapsed on the end, bruising the greens, marinating in their own green/brown compressed plant diarrhea. They did have shitty little containers of baby romaine and of spinach x arugula, but WTF? Publix, Fresh Market, and Native Sun all manage.

I took a look at the meat and fish but figured I'd get my other sh!t first, then get some fish so it minimized sitting time. Then I went to the bakery looking for something to put an egg on in the morning. It was on the way to that, that I saw the fresh food section and literal airport-security-tier hassle of accessing it, down to the idiots who had 10 minutes to take their laptop out and their shoes off but just decided to stand there.
The bagel/english muffin etc selection in the bakery was incomparably **** poor and there was literally nothing else even close. Cupcakes and loaves. A couple shitty pastries with like raspberry and orange or some ratchet trash.
Cruised to the aisle with sh!t like that, the aisle sucked, and at the end of it, I saw a cashier waiting at an empty line. Code 10 Abort; initiate priority evac.

I googled Whole Foods sucks taking a morning sh!t and found I wasn't alone. Apparently, getting the in the way in the store (check), asking a million questions/taking forever at the 'hot bar' (looked that way at a glance) and causing gridlock in the parking lot to save walking a little (to an "organic" "natural" "healthy" store) are Whole Foods memes.

The ones I apparently didn't get was slow as f--k checkout lines and a bunch of people taking forever at meat and fish, but I didn't try meat and fish.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whole Foods is like the Bud Light commercial where the King orders Bud Lights for everyone, they all say Dilly Dilly, then the one guy wants a mead, specifically an autumnal mead, and is it malty...anyway the King gives up and has the Bud Knight rack the mother fr.

Whole Foods, everyone is holding up the fckng grocery shopping parade somehow, and they all belong in the rack.

Cancel that mead.

• Haha
Reactions: the janitor

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
So you're good then..

PS. If you want your shops to stay open, keep shopping there instead of WF. Pretty simple math.
Yeah, I got you. Office Depot is in the same strip mall as Whole Foods and I needed a new headset for work. I drove in and was like, WTF is all this commotion, then realized there was a grocery store right there, so I gave it a shot.

It sucked. Native Sun for simple walk-to, Fresh Market for coffee re-up trips, Publix FOR LYFE.

I just felt like sounding off and couldn't find the old 20-page Whole Foods bashing thread in a very brief search.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Yeah, I got you. Office Depot is in the same strip mall as Whole Foods and I needed a new headset for work. I drove in and was like, WTF is all this commotion, then realized there was a grocery store right there, so I gave it a shot.

It sucked. Native Sun for simple walk-to, Fresh Market for coffee re-up trips, Publix FOR LYFE.

I just felt like sounding off and couldn't find the old 20-page Whole Foods bashing thread in a very brief search.
On the west coast Whole Foods is oftentimes more economical than your standard grocery stores (Ralph’s/Kroger’s, Vons, etc) and far better quality, especially in the meat and fish department. Not sure how Publix compares, but the last 2 times I’ve bought packaged meat from Albertsons it was rotten and smelled worse than a Taco Bell shitter. If you stick the perimeter of Whole Foods and avoid packaged goods, which people should be doing anyways regardless of where they shop, it’s manageable.

It’s only the budget oriented grocery chains that are noticeably cheaper.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
On the west coast Whole Foods is oftentimes more economical than your standard grocery stores (Ralph’s/Kroger’s, Vons, etc) and far better quality, especially in the meat and fish department. Not sure how Publix compares, but the last 2 times I’ve bought packaged meat from Albertsons it was rotten and smelled worse than a Taco Bell shitter. If you stick the perimeter of Whole Foods and avoid packaged goods, which people should be doing anyways regardless of where they shop, it’s manageable.

It’s only the budget oriented grocery chains that are noticeably cheaper.
I don't have a problem with the fish I choose to buy from Publix. Sometimes it looks like I'd rather not buy it. So I don't. If I'm planning a nice seafood meal, that's what the seafood market is for. I've never really had a problem with meat from Publix. Of late they have had farmed Cobia, and Cobia basically BTFO 95% of other fish.

I tried the perimeter.
* They had no Spring Mix/Mixed Greens, but 90 tubs of kale, and people were in the way; impossible to navigate without hitting someone or having to interact with them to WAKE THE FUCK UP AND STOP BLOCKADING.
* The Fresh Food was a complete fckp. I'd rather attend a buffet for the homeless.
* They had a couple weird looking "bagels" and nothing else in the bakery to put an egg on in the morning.

The whole point of taking difficult classes in High School/College, living in a decrepit shitbox, and driving a decrepit hoopty wagon I scammed off my Dad because he hates car transactions with the power of 10000 suns, aside from moving somewhere between OT and Ogro, is I do not have to worry about what food costs.

Reactions: grapedrink

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Publix is truly a superior grocery store chain. hands down. A pleasure to shop in, with noticeable higher quality than literally any normal grocery store you would find in other parts of the country, without having to pay 3x the price at a Whole Paycheck

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
A Whole Foods opened up on the ground floor of the building I worked in when I used to leave my house. When it was opening, I thought, oh, cool, I can grab some groceries once in a while on my way home.
And I’ve done that exactly zero times
When I was first gluten free, it would’ve been convenient, but Now, or even when I used to leave my house, there wasn’t a real reason to go there anymore. Nothing there’s so special that it’s worth the we’re a $

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Interesting, they seem to be getting better slowly and surely. Last time I perved the meat counter it looked light years better than before
The Smart & Finals I've been in are all bagged, frozen, canned, or processed goods.

I mean if you want good wine go elsewhere, everything else is the same brands you see in every big grocery chain. And while brand choices are fewer, that doesn't matter to me. They even have a bulk bin section and lots of organic food. Produce is better than Trader Joe's quality, IMHO, and less expensive. Meat section is just fine.

Ah, and I just remembered that these are Smart & Final Extra! not your basic one.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
That looks awesome.
Howzit ringer

That’s the mercado principal in Zihuatanejo. When I first came here there weren’t any US type grocery stores and just about everything fresh came through the wholesale vendors behind the main market for distribution to the mom and pop stores and smaller pueblo markets. You have your cow heads, pig heads, goat heads etc. Excellent fruit.

My wife still goes there for some stuff, it’s been years for me. The Fonda grinds are da kine and super cheap. Usually a few fixed plates.