Grocery Store Situation

Eunice

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 2, 2007
A Magical and Wondrous Place
What's the status? Are the shelves stocked? Are people still panic hoarding toilet paper? When's the best time to go? Are the cashiers still making small talk by asking about your day and weekend plans?

Share your thoughts

Last edited:

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
all your toilet paper are belong to me

two stores near me (one local one Safeway) are fairly depleted of dried goods and non perishables. No tp, cleaning supplies are super low. Some dairy but no eggs. Not much chicken but lots of pork, beef and produce. So, paleo is a go

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
went to vons today. no eggs. cheese aisle was 90 percent picked :unsure:

Still found a fair amount of healthy options. Honey crisp apples (damn good this year), berries, mexican squash, green beans.

Made chicken pozole tonight and it was my best to date.

It's kind of a ttip to see what people panic buy vs not.

my checkout woamn was super friendly and didn't cross the boundaries which is good cause I was about to lay it into her and send her your way eunice/

craigj532

Kelly Slater status
Nov 9, 2002
I went to Whole Foods yesterday. Things were not bad as far as stock goes, but customers had no concept of social distancing. I know several people who work there, and they seemed in good spirits considering how much crap they've probably had to put up with the last couple of weeks. I was happy to see that WF is giving all hourly employees a $2/hour raise and paying double time for any overtime hours worked.

If I ever hear anyone complaining about how overpaid grocery store workers are again, I will lose my sh!t on them.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Trader Joes has been the worst for 2 weeks now (millennial hoarders). Vons, Target and other bigger grocery chains also sold out of stuff. Best option is a smaller, neighborhood grocery. My local Gelsons is always pricier, but they had every food item I wanted.
No TP anywhere. You have to get lucky and go soon (like first hour) after they get restocked. MY local CVS they get resupplied one day a week. I still have half of my last Costco TP case from earlier this month stashed offsite (aka mom's garage). Diaper wipes, pasta & eggs are the other items on my list that are in short supply.

Last edited:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Tuesday, Publix was crowded. No TP, no paper towels, no napkins, no meat. Some fish, plenty of bacon, milk and eggs in good supply. Pasta/rice pretty picked over but some available. Great selection of greens/lettuce, onion choice not great eg you had to buy a 3# bag because the single onions are all nuked. IMHO they should have cut open the bag - I'll probably have a couple go rotten on me. No tp.

A few dudes on half-empty public transport have their legs encroaching on leg space of empty seats next to them, now we have to hear about manspreading. Not sure what you call it when there is a hurricane or epidemic and women are blockading aisle entry texting. Constantly cart on one side, them standing on the other, aisle blocked. Over and fucking over and fucking over again. Shopping carts need horns with Ludacris Move Bitch.

Saturday I went to buy beer for my dad and some 60-something in a Jerry Falwell shirt made it a point to not socially distance, just got two feet away to force small talk with multiple people starting with me, mostly concerning how this is all a big hoax. A second clerk opened a line (drugstore) and I was next in line standing next to this checkout counter, the clerk asks for next in line, this shitstain almost bumps into me throwing his sh!t onto counter in a ridiculous attempt to skip. No tp.

ratfink

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 15, 2008
Texas Gulf de Mexico
I went to Whole Foods yesterday. Things were not bad as far as stock goes, but customers had no concept of social distancing. I know several people who work there, and they seemed in good spirits considering how much crap they've probably had to put up with the last couple of weeks. I was happy to see that WF is giving all hourly employees a $2/hour raise and paying double time for any overtime hours worked.

If I ever hear anyone complaining about how overpaid grocery store workers are again, I will lose my sh!t on them.
Our company did the same.
Supplies are good. People got to calm the fk down.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
The Mrs. has been in charge of groceries. She's been dawn patrolling and having no issues.

The Safeway by the house started limiting the number of people in the store at any one time to avoid over crowding. She got in on the first wave, got everything, the cleaning aisle was pretty barren.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
The Mrs. has been in charge of groceries. She's been dawn patrolling and having no issues.

The Safeway by the house started limiting the number of people in the store at any one time to avoid over crowding. She got in on the first wave, got everything, the cleaning aisle was pretty barren.
Hoarding?