Greg Griffin RIP

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Yeah he asked me to send him a set of EN's then he reshaped them.

They rip. They are beautiful.
I asked for the same after I saw yours. He said he wouldn’t do anymore after yours. So you’re a lucky man!
Any guess what Futures template might be similar?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: racer1

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Same. I was rejected on a re-foil of my Power Twins. He originally said yes, took my payment, then sent my money back when I asked for his address to send them to him. He Venmo'd my money back and when I asked why the credit, I got a cryptic response blaming the ERBB for being toxic. Super strange.

Sep 20, 2019
You guys will love this, he did it for free.

They kinda look like a mix between a MR and Akila, but more back in the box. We should really scan these or maybe I'll have a local guy redo a set (Steve Mock or Brian Bills) and then give his contact info to you guys.
Naked Viking would do it. Bonus it would be in G10. I’ve spoken with them about doing just this. Thankfully a shaper that loves the same fins got the ball rolling.
I can’t believe how different they are.

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
When I get back from my trip, I should put together my cnc and cut some fins. A windsurfer from Scandinavia (forgot which country) made a fin program and shared it for free. I designed some fins on it. GG didn't like them bc I added a little tang on the tip, ala stretch and EA. He called them zits, haha.

SixtyGrit

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 3, 2015
SD
When I get back from my trip, I should put together my cnc and cut some fins. A windsurfer from Scandinavia (forgot which country) made a fin program and shared it for free. I designed some fins on it. GG didn't like them bc I added a little tang on the tip, ala stretch and EA. He called them zits, haha.
Woah, you have a CNC mill?

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
Finfoil.io
Canard
mod canard.png

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
You can import any fin outline as a vector file, then apply whichever foil they have in their library (I used one of the standard NACAs), and add the base (FCS, etc.). It will give you the STL file for printing, cutting.

When I make a file of GG's, I'll share it here for anyone to use. But, unfortunately, I start work next month, so I won't have time to cut anyone's (maybe not my own, either, but luckily, I already own a set of GG's). Sorry in advance. :nana:

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
You can import any fin outline as a vector file, then apply whichever foil they have in their library (I used one of the standard NACAs), and add the base (FCS, etc.). It will give you the STL file for printing, cutting.

When I make a file of GG's, I'll share it here for anyone to use. But, unfortunately, I start work next month, so I won't have time to cut anyone's (maybe not my own, either, but luckily, I already own a set of GG's). Sorry in advance. :nana:
does the STL file already have the base?

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Same. I was rejected on a re-foil of my Power Twins. He originally said yes, took my payment, then sent my money back when I asked for his address to send them to him. He Venmo'd my money back and when I asked why the credit, I got a cryptic response blaming the ERBB for being toxic. Super strange.
The irony being something he loved ultimately ended him and here simply pissed him off...note to self...it's the interwebs.
Not hard to trim, re-shape and adjust foil of fins like the EN's he did since we can see the ones he did for racer.

Reactions: need 4 speed

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
The irony being something he loved ultimately ended him and here simply pissed him off...note to self...it's the interwebs.
Not hard to trim, re-shape and adjust foil of fins like the EN's he did since we can see the ones he did for racer.
are you talking about riding motorcycles? Greg's principles were not super clear to me, but what was clear was that he lived by them, regardless about how anyone else felt.