Greg Griffin RIP

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
To continue with Greg Griffins designs and pass that knowledge so that it is not lost....

at swaylocks they posted measurements taken from a Griffin 6.2 shortboard step up......and a 5.6 Modfish

wasnt someone here passing around some gg 3d scan files?

Reactions: sushipop

SixtyGrit

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 3, 2015
SD
To continue with Greg Griffins designs and pass that knowledge so that it is not lost....

at swaylocks they posted measurements taken from a Griffin 6.2 shortboard step up......and a 5.6 Modfish

Can this get pinned to this THREAD?

Reactions: Mr Doof

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
I wish for another twin , a hovercraft and a longboard.

Luckily still have 3 modfish.
looking at acquiring some more griffins from erbbers who have reached out

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
Greg, I hope you're reading this from beyond- was arguing fin templates on facebook on your behalf last week.

They don't know sh!t about planing area, release or hold.

also the more I learn the more things you were right on, minus concave but we will see--- haha miss you old bastard!

Reactions: need 4 speed

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
This winter, when I had the chance to ride my (ten, fiteen year old?) 7-4 hickory board at my local without crowds it was working so nicely. This is a board that had the GG elements- totally flat bottom, full length tucked hard edges. It's too short to compete with the longboards when it's crowded so I don't often get a chance to feel its full potential. This winter I've had that chance. Thank god for rainstorms.

I want to make another one but have to sell some of the boards piled up in my garage....

RIP Greg. Hope there are empty point breaks wherever you are.

Dec 10, 2023
St. Pete’s
This winter, when I had the chance to ride my (ten, fiteen year old?) 7-4 hickory board at my local without crowds it was working so nicely. This is a board that had the GG elements- totally flat bottom, full length tucked hard edges. It's too short to compete with the longboards when it's crowded so I don't often get a chance to feel its full potential. This winter I've had that chance. Thank god for rainstorms.

I want to make another one but have to sell some of the boards piled up in my garage....

RIP Greg. Hope there are empty point breaks wherever you are.
I’d be interested in seeing what your selling PM me when you get there