GREATEST SURF MOVIES OF ALL TIME

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I'm probably in the minority, but I prefer watching the more documentary style surf films if I'm going to just sit down and watch the whole thing. One California Day, One Track Mind, Singlefin Yellow, Riding Giants (although it does feature Laird which is a distinct negative). Otherwise I'll just watch short films online. Those films are also easier to watch with people who aren't surfers (ie my wife).
Check out searching for Michael Peterson:shaka:

Reactions: ReForest

austard

Michael Peterson status
Nov 12, 2009
State of Grace
I'm probably in the minority, but I prefer watching the more documentary style surf films if I'm going to just sit down and watch the whole thing. One California Day, One Track Mind, Singlefin Yellow, Riding Giants (although it does feature Laird which is a distinct negative). Otherwise I'll just watch short films online. Those films are also easier to watch with people who aren't surfers (ie my wife).
gift for you. Editing is a little horrible and it could probably be condensed down to 1 hour.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
i hate slow motion
I like it for some up close stuff like sickgnar drops into the kegpit of darkness, hacks inna hook, stuff Dane does that I can't even tell what I saw, Curren's layback one-big-toe control fakie bodysurf recovery at J Bay back the day....

I am guessing the clip you're referring to didn't have any of that.

kpd73

Nep status
Apr 5, 2014
Bustin Down the Door!

- Never get tired of that documentary. Emotional, full blown high speed single fin surfing in pumping Hawaii, and an amazing story.

Also this little edit of TK on my favorite all time board design just dropped today too!

Reactions: Bman76