Gout! Any suggestions that worked?

~rwright~

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
ACV works wonders on gout. Buy it at local healthfood store.
Start dose teaspoon, morning and night, move up to tablespoon.
about 1 month, gout will be gone, and gone for good if you keep taking it.
~snip~

i am sooo f**kin' stocked right now!

why?
because thee back of both of my knees got mushy, gushy + bulge out now,
with the left 1, {i'm goofy} my back power foot, recently giving me the worst chronic pain that i have ever had.
esh, i told a bro thee other day, f**k, just cut it off above the knee, err!

i finally google-doc'ed my condition, myself,
read up for a few hours, figured out that i had Baker's Cyst, on both legs,
they are gettin' bigger, worse. pain intense. from what: Uric Acid?
etc...

a few doc's who surf that i recently have seen at thee beach confirmed my Baker's Cyst diagnoses,
i said i wanna self~drain thee left side f**ker, yep, you can have it done.
i've been wantin' to do it myself though, syringe + needle, hahaha,
haven't, yet...

i usually use generic Aleeve, aka, Naproxen, for pain management, or Icy Hot, massage, etc...
but sheee~it, this had been gettin' worse, sooo hurtful, hurt to sit, hurt to stretch the left leg, walk, sleep, elevate it,
err!!!

i researched more,
as i'm gettin' old, {58},
i'm thinkin' arthritis, or gout, baker's cyst, hmmmm,
so what the f**k, are there any home remedies worth tryin'?

bought some Von's organic Apple Cider Vinegar for $3.49.
took 2 cap fulls, in a small cup of soda ~ { luv my caffeine}, + a lil' vodka too,
wow, a few hours later, the pain was diminished, big time! i slept sooo much better Saturday night,
not even drunk or on over the counter meds...

yesterday morn', i poured a tablespoon of it in my drink, did so again too last night, + just a lil' while ago also,
the pain is hardly there, + i have not used my normal 440 mg of Naproxen nor any other NSAID pain relievers either!
it's only been 4 times that i've drank that fowl tastin' liquid so far as of right now, but am i stocked?
hellll ya!

Apple Cider Vinegar?
For leg/knee pain relief?
F**k Yea ~ Try It!!!
:D

Last edited:

Mike_Jones

Phil Edwards status
Mar 5, 2009
Thanks Mike! I love your post. So much info out there. Yours is clear and concise.

It appears I jumped the gun. I have been on a meat and fat only diet for a couple of years after a long reduction in carbohydrates. I do it because it abates my neurofibromatosis. I still believe that gout can be caused by carbohydrate ingestion. However, I am getting over a case of gout.

Thankfully I did some research into why. purines appear to be the remaining problem. Purines are ingested proteins. The liver breaks down purines the same way most cells break down carbohydrates, except with one big exception. When cells break down glucose and fat the resulting product is ATP. Cells oxidize the ATP for energy. Then cells re-reduce the oxidative products back into ATP. Fructose and glutamates are the enemies of re-reduction. Without re-reduction, the end product would be uric acid. And uric acid causes gout.

When the liver breaks down purines it has limited means of re-reduction of ATP oxidation products. If a purine causes any inflammation in this process the end product is uric acid. Thankfully I discovered that purines are not equal, and that gout sufferers should try elimination diets to determine which protein causes an individual's gout. I did that, and discovered that my big purine trigger is poultry white meat.

Mike_Jones

Phil Edwards status
Mar 5, 2009
For me, it turned out that yeah, poultry brings on my gout symptoms a little sooner, but not much. So I thought harder. If gout is caused by excess uric acid then the thing to do is get rid of the uric acid. Whether it's produced by the liver from ingested protein or by other cells from ingested carbohydrates, uric acid is the end product of cellular oxidation without re-reduction. the solution is to reduce the uric acid by burning Adenosine TriPhosphate. Reduction takes over and reduces uric acid to make more ATP.

That means exercise. This COVID lodckdown has had me sitting on my arse. When I started moving again the gout went away.

I recommend it.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
For me, it turned out that yeah, poultry brings on my gout symptoms a little sooner, but not much. So I thought harder. If gout is caused by excess uric acid then the thing to do is get rid of the uric acid. Whether it's produced by the liver from ingested protein or by other cells from ingested carbohydrates, uric acid is the end product of cellular oxidation without re-reduction. the solution is to reduce the uric acid by burning Adenosine TriPhosphate. Reduction takes over and reduces uric acid to make more ATP.

That means exercise. This COVID lodckdown has had me sitting on my arse. When I started moving again the gout went away.

I recommend it.
The lotion is in the motion.

I just did two pull ups.