Gout! Any suggestions that worked?

rkgoshi

OTF status
Jul 29, 2012
surprised with a sudden diagnosis of gout! it hurts really bad!

any suggestions of the hundreds of remedies for relief and prevention. liquids, pills, foods,,,

I’ve stopped drinking my favorite beer Sierra Nevada Pale Ale which has been a lifestyle for me.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Have you had a joint aspirated?

I would start with a diet that is limited to low purine protein sources rich in amino acids. No alcohol or sweets.

Generally this can be controlled with diet. It's easy to do a google search and throw the kitchen sink at it, but if it doesn't work what are you left with? Make small controlled diet changes and find what works and adjust from there.

rkgoshi

OTF status
Jul 29, 2012
Thanks for responses. By the vast number of gout remedies for sale, appa I am not alone in my suffering. Truly surprised by the pain. Now that I have experienced it, I need to under the problem and deal with it. Interesting that a few researchers feel It’s hereditary and not diet!

swelling and pain is down . Drank lots os water and tart cherry juice. High surf advisory so hope to get back in the water soon!

sdsurfrat

Michael Peterson status
Jun 2, 2008
surprised with a sudden diagnosis of gout! it hurts really bad!

any suggestions of the hundreds of remedies for relief and prevention. liquids, pills, foods,,,

I’ve stopped drinking my favorite beer Sierra Nevada Pale Ale which has been a lifestyle for me.

ACV works wonders on gout. Buy it at local healthfood store. Start dose teaspoon, morning and night, move up to tablespoon.
about 1 month, gout will be gone, and gone for good if you keep taking it.

That and 6 ft. high tides suck ballz.............

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I would try alcohol without lectins if I didn't want to quit drinking.

People who don't like drinking, and like it too much that they can't practice moderation, always suggest not drinking.

Along with surfing, and weight lifting, drinking in moderation has been one of life's pleasures for me.

If I could just score some H.

Dekerwild

OTF status
Jul 28, 2017
Have bouts 2 times a year for last 10 years...

I had to quit drinking all alcohol...sucks but pain and missing surf while limping around town is the absolute worst after not sleeping for 3 days...I'm over it....it travels all throughout my lower limbs...one day in the toe, next in the knee, top of the foot, lower ankle...da fuk!!!!

No processed foods, high fructose corn syrup sh!t, sugars sweets no sodas

No fried chicken wings potato chips or white cod oily fish....basically Salmon only
Limited red meat once every 2 months or none at all...No organs either

I eat nuts, eggs green vegetables, 6oz chicken, pastas rice potatoes everyday and pretty much stick to that...stopped eating out too!

I do a 16oz morning shot of water and 1/2 teaspoon Diatomaceous Earth

Water and cherry juice.....club soda with orange in social situations

Been doing this since Jan. 5th and no outbreaks since

It's the worst!!! But I've saved $$$$ and lost 25 lbs

Fuk medications...make ya fat n lazy....natural way is best

rkgoshi

OTF status
Jul 29, 2012
Club soda and tart cherry juice is my new Sierra Nevada Pale ale.

big toe joint feels great. While I will miss the beer, the pain from the gout was serious!

thanks to all who replied. Time to get wet!

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Sounds like gout can be a real life saver

changed my diet recently due to high cholesterol. Mostly no more fast food lots of steak salmon and...beer, feel like a fat ass reading this thread

SurfDoc

Michael Peterson status
Dec 19, 2002
ex-pat Huntington Beach
Visit site
Don't "avoid" alcohol...STOP ALL ALCOHOL. And a low protein diet is highly advisable. I saw a lot of gout attacks on Mondays after patients had crazy weekends in Las Vegas drinking and binging at the all you can eat buffets!

Reactions: potato-nator

SurfDoc

Michael Peterson status
Dec 19, 2002
ex-pat Huntington Beach
Visit site
More likely it is simply a biochemical response, not immunologic, in susceptible individuals predisposed to this build up of uric acid crystals. Meats in particular can lead to high uric acid levels so hitting the buffets for pork, beef, chicken, and seafoods all of which are culprits. I saw one guy whose gout was so bad white liquid uric acid chalk oozed out of his toes!

Njryan

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 25, 2011
Take allopurinol daily... watch my red meat, no red wine/beer , shellfish every 3 months. Drink the mother’s ACV daily, and I get gout twice a year. Always occurs the night before the a swell.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Gout is caused by uric acid crystal deposits.

1. Adenosine triphosphate (ATP) is the cell's energy currency. As cells complete burning of glucose without reducing byproducts back into ATP, ATP oxidizes into uric acid.

Solution: Replace carbohydrates with fats. Carbohydrates enter the bloodstream as glucose.

2. As the liver breaks down fructose (sugar) and ethanol (alcohol) the product is uric acid.

Solution: Stop ingesting alcohol and sugar, or anything which tastes sweet.

Last edited:

rkgoshi

OTF status
Jul 29, 2012
Gout is caused by uric acid crystal deposits.

1. Adenosine triphosphate (ATP) is the cell's energy currency. As cells complete burning of glucose without reducing byproducts back into ATP, ATP oxidizes into uric acid.

Solution: Replace carbohydrates with fats. Carbohydrates enter the bloodstream as glucose.

2. As the liver breaks down fructose (sugar) and ethanol (alcohol) the product is uric acid.

Solution: Stop ingesting alcohol and sugar, or anything which tastes sweet.
Thanks Mike! I love your post. So much info out there. Yours is clear and concise.