Good websites or links for wing foiling and surf foiling?

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
Know nothing about and would like to learn - any good recommendations of websites and social media stuff?

Thanks

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
What do you need to know?

Get a cheap one.

Learn behind a boat.

Are you back in US?

I'm taking my efoil out at the Oside harbor today.

They said you can't use in the harbor but I saw a guy launch from there and go outside of the harbor.

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
What do you need to know?

Get a cheap one.

Learn behind a boat.

Are you back in US?

I'm taking my efoil out at the Oside harbor today.

They said you can't use in the harbor but I saw a guy launch from there and go outside of the harbor.
more research than application

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
Go through this guys youtube channel.

Alan Cadiz is always good.

Other youtubes.

Blue planet has a podcast that could be useful. There's a wingfoil podcast by a German guy that's useful.

Here is the forum you're going to want to read.

Beginner thread here. https://www.standupzone.com/forum/index.php/topic,36460.0.html

To try and understand why people wingfoil. I have been prone foiling for 3 years. I'm learning to wingfoil. The wind was to light for me today so I went out to try and prone foil in the waves. In a half hour I got maybe 8 waves, each one tangled in kelp and didn't ride for more than 2 seconds each time. There was a good wingfoiler out who was the only one able to get up in the light wind. He was on foil for the entire half hour and riding little one footers the whole time.

Ask away here or on standupzone. It's sometimes hard to register, but worth your time. Lots of good info over there.

Do you have any gear yet? What size foil? What is the typical wind speed you see?

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
It's kind of not a thing. Titouan is amazing and not human. No one else is really doing that kind of stuff.

The riding waves thing is happening a lot. The huge airs to landing super soft in the transition of the wave is the thing that not many guys can do.

Last edited: