Good Wave Twin - Round or Swallow Tail?

toddo

Nep status
Jul 24, 2010
Here's how that one eventually turned out. Finished it a few weeks back but had it maiden voyage yesterday. Surf was a bit small for it, about chest to head high. Used a knock off cheap set or MR TFX copies. Foot placement seems more critical than my swallows, rear foot forward of fins and it just bogs. But on the waves i got with some push, where I could have my foot right over/behind the fins, the thing is just a scalpel. Honestly a couple of the best turns I have done in a while when i got it right. Also a few full kook moments on the weaker waves with my feet too far forward.

Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 9.45.48 am.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 9.46.15 am.png

toddo

Nep status
Jul 24, 2010
Also - used gryptalite traction for the first time - that you can see on the deck photo. Stuff works great! Doesn't feel as grippy as wax when paddling, but works around the same as an average wax job for sure under your feet. I reckon a good combed fresh wax job is probably better, but this is better than a soft or not so fresh wax job.

Reactions: MathDebater

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Also - used gryptalite traction for the first time - that you can see on the deck photo. Stuff works great! Doesn't feel as grippy as wax when paddling, but works around the same as an average wax job for sure under your feet. I reckon a good combed fresh wax job is probably better, but this is better than a soft or not so fresh wax job.
That's a fine looking shooter Toddo.
Where did you get the gryptalite from and how much was it?

toddo

Nep status
Jul 24, 2010
That's a fine looking shooter Toddo.
Where did you get the gryptalite from and how much was it?
Scotty James from SJS is the Australian distributor for it. I dm'd him on insta and he sorted it from there.

It was $100 for the generic 3/4 patch. If you want a full board you send him dins and a photo and it comes in the shape you want.

Reactions: Retropete