Good old days

elcalvo

Michael Peterson status
Mar 16, 2004
NE
Temperature this morning is 4 degrees. Spent the day yesterday dealing with chest high snow drifts.
Iguanas are falling out of the trees in Florida because the temps are so low there.

Remember the good old days when the hottest topic on the ERBB was global warming?
Those hyperbolic warnings about children never seeing snow again sound a little silly now.
:waving:

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Temperature this morning is 4 degrees. Spent the day yesterday dealing with chest high snow drifts.
Iguanas are falling out of the trees in Florida because the temps are so low there.

Remember the good old days when the hottest topic on the ERBB was global warming?
Those hyperbolic warnings about children never seeing snow again sound a little silly now.
Very warm December.

elcalvo

Michael Peterson status
Mar 16, 2004
NE
I'd like to correct an error in my original post.
Not too long after wrote it, I saw that the temperature had dropped to -2.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

Joe Biden fixed it.

• Haha
Reactions: Lowqi2

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
I love when people use a single weather event to confirm their confirmation biases about the world's weather.

It's pretty evident that a lot of the world's ice is melting simply because of the higher than normal flood tides the whole east coast has been experiencing in the last decade or so. Happens way more often up here in Charleston even on dead calm days, same with South Florida and the Chesapeake Bay. More ice=lower ocean. Less ice = higher ocean. More warmth of oceans = thermal expansion and thus higher oceans as well. Just because there's a fricking blizzard up north and it's cold in Florida doesn't mean the earth ain't warming, genius. Climatic instability helps the jet stream dig farther south, carrying cold air with it. Bigger wobbles in the jet stream can mean bigger cold impacts. Like Texas last winter.

1643640442633.png

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
And the source of your contradictory science is?
Hey, just because he gets discredited and debunked on a daily basis around here doesn't mean he's not an expert. After all, he's been studying the politics of climate change for 30 years.
of course, he might actually have some credibility if he been studying the science of climate change for 30 years, but that's too hard.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
higher than normal flood tides the whole east coast has been experiencing in the last decade or so.
??????????????????????????????????

Given that for nearly 3 decades I've lived at a location that is highly susceptible to tidal flooding I'd love for you to prove that anything of any realistic significance has changed. The storm drain by my house calls bullshit on this claim. The flooding hasn't changed for better or worse in my lifetime and you can take that to the bank.

Reactions: gbg