Good Job !

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
It doesn't matter where your ghost made board is done , especially when the builder doesn't see that finished product .

If Bert checks them all + 1 for his team !
No for pu/pe but question was why sunnova did not take off like firewire construction and even surftech :shrug:

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
surprised at the lack of knowledge about Bert's story.
dreaming of "blowing up" doesn't always come forth as expected
choose your business partners or financiers wisely most are as they say are just wolves in sheep clothing

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
surprised at the lack of knowledge about Bert's story.
dreaming of "blowing up" doesn't always come forth as expected
choose your business partners or financiers wisely most are as they say are just wolves in sheep clothing
Bert was on one of the Scott Bass' podcasts (I think, it may have been David Scales) where he goes into his whole life story - really interesting one with his history with Firewire, and ultimately his reasons for leaving.

Reactions: jkb

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
according to Bert back in 2004 when he was a sways regular, it was for Sons of Beaches which used to be a subtitle under SUNOVA. He took his shot messed up then allot of the original crew left like Speedneedle and he had a rebirth. Should've never given up his IP for the cash. But that happens to allot of creators who can't see beyond their baby.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Speaking of good job on design from Thailand...
:dancing:
A long time ago I was in Northern Laos up by the Chinese border on the Nam Ou river that snakes its way down to join onto the Mae Khong river. I hired a longtail boat to take me down to Luang Prabang. Along the way we were doing good speeds along the minor river. At one point the driver noticed some weed fouling the prop so came to a stop in the middle of the river.
He jumped out to clear it...into knee deep water...there had been sections where we had been hooking along at serious speed in that depth of water.
:eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: rowjimmytour

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Is that it?

Looks like mostly skateboards and some weird fashion collab boards aimed at a Thai market.
No, i purposefully linked you to a random brand that just so happens to also have sun in the name and also from Thailand.

I can't find the blurb they had last time I looked. It was some sort of spiel on beginner board, without sacrificing quality , or something along those lines.