Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Volte suits look good.

They used to be West Wetsuits, right?

West use to have some solid suits. Way back when I worked in a surf shop, we used to rent both West and Xcel. Xcel seams were busted in a few uses. Total garbage. The West suits just kept going and going. I was impressed with their durability.

Last edited:

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Yeah, Volte used to be West. I've been happy with my 4/3. It's the comp style CZ version, which it looks like they've discontinued on their website - now only the premium CZ with smooth skin on the torso.

Reactions: jkb and oeste858

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth
get Nine Plus suit...
I think these are pretty sick and well built. A little pricey. Looks like a decent warranty.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
get Nine Plus suit...
I think these are pretty sick and well built. A little pricey. Looks like a decent warranty.

Well, It’s a LOOK! I see all that smoothie and can’t help but think of it all shredded with fingernail slits. Plus, it’s 2020, I thought backzips were extinct.

Shocked you haven’t ponied up yet for a Japanese custom Axxe like your guru DT.

Brsnstein

OTF status
Jul 28, 2018
SoCal
I know I’ve mentioned it several times before in other wetsuit threads, but my feral 3/2 has been outstanding. No smoothie and I never missed it. I’ve had the suit for about a year, wore it through SoCal winter except for a few of the absolute coldest days. It’s flexy, comfortable, and dries quickly. I fully expect it to make it through this winter just fine. Not as flexible as my 2 mm O’Neill techno butter shortsleeve full, but that’s not a fair comparison because the O’Neill hardly blocks any wind.

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
I know I’ve mentioned it several times before in other wetsuit threads, but my feral 3/2 has been outstanding. No smoothie and I never missed it. I’ve had the suit for about a year, wore it through SoCal winter except for a few of the absolute coldest days. It’s flexy, comfortable, and dries quickly. I fully expect it to make it through this winter just fine. Not as flexible as my 2 mm O’Neill techno butter shortsleeve full, but that’s not a fair comparison because the O’Neill hardly blocks any wind.
same-im on yr 2 as well.

Toobz

OTF status
Oct 8, 2013
South Oz.
Do you have one of these Duffy?
I’ve got one coming, I hope it’s worth the extra coin.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Yes and yes.
$500! I didn't realize Isirus was that high. Then we're really talking about what's the best 3/2.
I was thinking he wanted bargain/value suits, but I guess that was a different thread. I wouldn't mind spending more for a better suit. Most likely, I'm gonna see if I can find a shop that carries Feral and Volte to try on

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I've only used Oneill suits for the last 15 years. They have always had good seals and last about 4 years before the material starts breaking down, getting looser, etc.

For my next suit I might try a custom made suit. Getting up there in age and my body doesn't seem to fit perfectly into the Oneills any more. :(

Reactions: Havoc and oeste858

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Fair enough. If I surfed in colder water, I'm sure I'd feel the same.
Does their "compression fit" feel like a noticeable difference from other suits? The idea makes sense.
Suits feel tight for the first few surfs then it sort of ‘adjusts’ to your body shape. Honestly, I’ve been using them for so long I can’t really remember how other suits feel.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
$500! I didn't realize Isirus was that high. Then we're really talking about what's the best 3/2.
I was thinking he wanted bargain/value suits, but I guess that was a different thread. I wouldn't mind spending more for a better suit. Most likely, I'm gonna see if I can find a shop that carries Feral and Volte to try on
thatz custom suit range.

anyone know how will feral or michael volten suits fit relative to oneill?