going to Peru

Sep 17, 2003
Rio, Brazil
Hi, Im going to Peru in july, to try chicama's dreamy waves. Questions are: 1- whats the best company that flyes to trujillo? 2- How to get from trujillo to chicama? 3- how to move around?car?buses?taxi?foot?

Thax a lot. Any help welcome.

wasa

OTF status
Jan 10, 2004
lima, peru
hey cutbacker, about your questions i think you should really consider going to chicama only as it might not get swell and be a fcking waste of time, i think you have to first fly to lima and then to trujillo, from trujillo to chicama is a one hour bus ride more or less, it is highly reccomended that you go with someone on the trip, don't count on the cops on taht area as they are normally the thieves. I would highly reccomend you go with someone like oscar morante from pico alto surf camp, althought i don't personally know him its is widely known he takes very good care of his hosts, and he organizes trips to chicama and other peruvian surfing spots, his camp is located in punta hermosa were there is plenty of surf, you should do a google search for pico alto surf camp and find its webpage and contact t hem, the best idea by far, hope you find it useful

wasa

OTF status
Jan 10, 2004
lima, peru
hey cutbacker you wont regret your trip, peru is just a wonderful place despite some of the negative things