Go to Mexico with Bruce Irons and you will...

Will there be snacks

Miki Dora status
Mar 18, 2011
Hotel Coral Essex
I don't follow him or know anything about the world of psychedelics, but wish him the best. Stocked to see anyone trying to improve themselves and get back in the water. :shaka:

Side note question, does anyone remember what the webcasts were like during the prime Andy Irons v Kelly Slater years? Were all heats streamed like today? Lower quality of course. I was sorta off the grid at that time of my life and completely missed all of that. I remember getting high speed internet access right when AI passed away. Still watched a bunch of contests the following years, but sounds like I missed probably the best rivalry there will ever be in surfing.

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
He cruises around barefoot, board shorts and an unzipped hoodie, he’s Brian Wilson.

I think he should start a cult/commune. Wave Pool, garden, spiritual exploration, Hollywooooood.

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
Side note question, does anyone remember what the webcasts were like during the prime Andy Irons v Kelly Slater years? Were all heats streamed like today? Lower quality of course. I was sorta off the grid at that time of my life and completely missed all of that. I remember getting high speed internet access right when AI passed away. Still watched a bunch of contests the following years, but sounds like I missed probably the best rivalry there will ever be in surfing.
They started doing them in the early 2000s. My memory is hazy, but I think they were put on by the brand sponsoring the contest back then. It was trickier to know when a contest was on or where the webcast would be. Then the quality, crew, vibe, etc. changed at each stop depending on whose contest it was, how remote the location was, etc.

I remember getting busted watching the first Search contest at work in 2006 when AI pulled that hail mary straight air in the final. I was acting like I was doing work at my computer, but I was so shocked and stocked when he pulled that, I shot out of my seat and celebrated without thinking. My old dickhead boss was not as excited...

Pretty funny to look back and see it was a double grab. Lol. Still rad at the time though. :monkey:

Last edited:

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
They started doing them in the early 2000s. My memory is hazy, but I think they were put on by the brand sponsoring the contest back then. It was trickier to know when a contest was on or where the webcast would be. Then the quality, crew, vibe, etc. changed at each stop depending on whose contest it was, how remote the location was, etc.

I remember getting busted watching the first Search contest at work in 2006 when AI pulled that hail mary straight air in the final. I was acting like I was doing work at my computer, but I was so shocked and stocked when he pulled that, I shot out of my seat and celebrated without thinking. My old dickhead boss was not as excited...

Pretty funny to look back and see it was a double grab. Lol. Still rad at the time though. :monkey:
No contest has scored waves like that since. It’s still fun to re watch

Will there be snacks

Miki Dora status
Mar 18, 2011
Hotel Coral Essex

Yeah, that was awesome. Forgot about the below the knee shorts too. ;)
I do kinda remember when I first started streaming contests it was still done by sponsor with some better than others. :shaka:

Reactions: sizzld1

slipped_disc

Michael Peterson status
Jun 27, 2019
I want to wish him well. But these kind of declarative promises — displayed to the public — are so cringy.

He has a huge mountain to climb being a lifelong addict. And in that video, he was so far from clear headed.

Hopefully the plant medicine inspires him to look in the mirror and do real work, but it’s definitely not the cure.

bonzer5fin

Duke status
May 9, 2006
your mom
this very treatment is rarely done with proper medical care. jason sears of rkl died here. they didn't check him out properly and when they thinned his blood, a clot let loose and he had a cerebral hemorrhage. and that story is told many times from many families who had a loved one go to mex or costa rica for ibogaine treatments. it has it's place, but so does heroin. point is, bruce dodged a bullet, as usual, and now he's pimping a drug for drug exchange that can kill you. hope he gets well, but this is NOT the way to do it. not only my personal opinion, but many doctors that I know and work with, too.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
this very treatment is rarely done with proper medical care. jason sears of rkl died here. they didn't check him out properly and when they thinned his blood, a clot let loose and he had a cerebral hemorrhage. and that story is told many times from many families who had a loved one go to mex or costa rica for ibogaine treatments. it has it's place, but so does heroin. point is, bruce dodged a bullet, as usual, and now he's pimping a drug for drug exchange that can kill you. hope he gets well, but this is NOT the way to do it. not only my personal opinion, but many doctors that I know and work with, too.
Addicts are not known for the good decision making skills?