Go to Los Angeles and you will die…

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Manbearpig thinks this is funny…

Philadelphia, a city of roughly 1.5 million people, has had more homicides this year (521 as of Dec. 6) than the nation's two largest cities, New York (443 as of Dec. 5) and Los Angeles (352 as of Nov. 27). That's an increase of 13% from 2020, a year that nearly broke the 1990 record.

Chicago, the nation's third-largest city, leads the nation with 739 homicides as of the end of November, up 3% from 2020, according to Chicago Police Department crime data. Chicago's deadliest year remains 1970 when there were 974 homicides.

Other major cities that have surpassed yearly homicide records are St. Paul, Minnesota; Portland, Oregon; Tucson, Arizona; Toledo, Ohio; Baton Rouge, Louisiana; Austin, Texas; Rochester, New York; and Albuquerque, New Mexico, which broke its record back in August.

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
Homicides down for decades under Democratic leadership: *crickets*

Homicides up for a couple of years under Democratic leadership: This is a failure of DEMOCRAT policies... there is nothing else that could possibly be influencing this change in trend.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Chicago, the nation's third-largest city, leads the nation with 739 homicides as of the end of November, up 3% from 2020, according to Chicago Police Department crime data. Chicago's deadliest year remains 1970 when there were 974 homicides.
Can we go over basic math?

There were 235 more homicides in Chicago in 1970 than there were this year. Your clip says that homicides are up 3% from last year? Three percent of 739 is 22. Yes, it would be lovely if the murder rate were zero or even if it wasn’t going up. I think we can all get behind that. But we can also all get behind the fact that you’re all bent out of shape over sensationalized media stories with cherry picked data.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Homicides down for decades under Democratic leadership: *crickets*

Homicides up for a couple of years under Democratic leadership: This is a failure of DEMOCRAT policies... there is nothing else that could possibly be influencing this change in trend.
There are new specific policy changes that are contributing. Dems used to be “tough on crime”.

I’ve said repeatedly and clearly that these policies are PART OF the problem. I’ve not said “there’s nothing else.“

Joe Biden wrote that tough crime bill back in the 90s and Bill Clinton signed it into law.

Im beginning to understand why you think of me the way you do. It’s because you have a lot of bullshit ideas in your head that you falsely attribute to me.

If I actually said what you apparently think I’ve said then you might have a point.

Last edited:

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
There are new specific policy changes that are contributing. Dems used to be “tough on crime”.

Joe Biden wrote that crime bill back in the 90s and Bill Clinton signed it into law.

Like what? Please be specific. And don’t waste our time with BLM chants of “Defund the Police” give us specific pieces of legislature and explain how they’re increasing the crime rate.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

bird.LA

Jul 14, 2002
LA

I’ve said repeatedly and clearly that these policies are PART OF the problem. I’ve not said “there’s nothing else.“

Joe Biden wrote that tough crime bill back in the 90s and Bill Clinton signed it into law.

Im beginning to understand why you think of me the way you do. It’s because you have a lot of bullshit ideas in your head that you falsely attribute to me.

If I actually said what you apparently think I’ve said then you might have a point.
Sure, and cops used to do their jobs but people asked them to be held accountable for their fck ups and they threw a hissyfit and stopped :shrug:

WaialuaNate

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 19, 2011
Like what? Please be specific. And don’t waste our time with BLM chants of “Defund the Police” give us specific pieces of legislature and explain how they’re increasing the crime rate.
Gascon (from https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/mar/10/george-gascon-los-angeles-district-attorney-prison-reform)

"..he announced that he would stop seeking the death penalty; would no longer prosecute children as adults; would stop filing gang enhancements – the additional punishments tagged on to the sentence of defendants labeled as gang members; and would no long file three-strikes charges, which required life sentences for people convicted of multiple offenses.
He also vowed to no longer send DAs to parole hearings to oppose release.."

bird.LA

Jul 14, 2002
LA
Derp Soros derp

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Sure, and cops used to do their jobs but people asked them to be held accountable for their fck ups and they threw a hissyfit and stopped :shrug:
You’ve clearly picked your “team” and no amount of objective reality is going to shake your resolve to be a cheerleader for them. Your mind is locked shut, you have no curiosity and no interest in anything other than making sure your “team” wins.

That‘s too bad. It’s the sad reality of today’s world. Most of you idiots are playing team sports and everyone is losing because of it.

Have a good day.

bird.LA

Jul 14, 2002
LA
You’ve clearly picked your “team” and no amount of objective reality is going to shake your resolve to be a cheerleader for them. Your mind is locked shut, you have no curiosity and no interest in anything other than making sure your “team” wins.

That‘s too bad. It’s the sad reality of today’s world. Most of you idiots are playing team sports and everyone is losing because of it.

Have a good day.
LMAO, this is objective reality.

I hate voting for dems tbh, but haven't been presented with any better options.

It's quite funny that you consider yourself a critical thinker. Enjoy your day getting mad at all the same things the other dumbasses like yourself have been programmed to be mad about.

• Love
Reactions: $kully

WindowLicker

Nep status
Aug 4, 2021

Have a good day.
Facts

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
There's a word for people who are perfectly fine with third world level crime, poverty and suffering...and won't even acknowledge it exists because it's not in their mostly white neighborhood.
Democrats = inner cities
Republicans = rural squalor

Pretty safe bet that neither party cares about who they pander towards and are definitely not letting them into their gated communities.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Can we go over basic math?

There were 235 more homicides in Chicago in 1970 than there were this year. Your clip says that homicides are up 3% from last year? Three percent of 739 is 22. Yes, it would be lovely if the murder rate were zero or even if it wasn’t going up. I think we can all get behind that. But we can also all get behind the fact that you’re all bent out of shape over sensationalized media stories with cherry picked data.
Now do positive covid tests, death rates by age, etc