go Niners!

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Rogers and the Fresno State kid Davante Adams going to do their best to pick apart this defense. Niners been weak at corner all year, so it will be interesting to see how they adjust. If d-line can't put pressure on Rogers, they probably have no chance.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Rogers and the Fresno State kid Davante Adams going to do their best to pick apart this defense. Niners been weak at corner all year, so it will be interesting to see how they adjust. If d-line can't put pressure on Rogers, they probably have no chance.
The Packers won by two points the first time these teams played and the only team the Packers really beat the hell out of were the Vikings after the Vikes were eliminated.

Lots of one score games on their resume. Isn't SF getting a pass rush with four guys one of few constants in the NFL?

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
The Packers won by two points the first time these teams played and the only team the Packers really beat the hell out of were the Vikings after the Vikes were eliminated.

Lots of one score games on their resume. Isn't SF getting a pass rush with four guys one of few constants in the NFL?
Depends if Bosa can come back from concussion. He got whacked pretty hard by his own teammate and it looked like his head snapped back pretty hard. Other guys will really have to step up. Bosa is a beast and probably best in the league. He gets double teamed a lot.

Should be another good game.

Weather might play a factor. Forecast Sunday for Green Bay, high of 12 and low of 2, with wind.

Reactions: waxhead

RemyXO

Michael Peterson status
Mar 12, 2003
San Luis Obispo
They play Sat night 7:15pm start time in GB. Still going to be effing cold, though. Prob low to mid-teens at kickoff.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Depends if Bosa can come back from concussion. He got whacked pretty hard by his own teammate and it looked like his head snapped back pretty hard. Other guys will really have to step up. Bosa is a beast and probably best in the league. He gets double teamed a lot.

Should be another good game.

Weather might play a factor. Forecast Sunday for Green Bay, high of 12 and low of 2, with wind.
While it looked bad....Fred Warner is good to go for the Green Bay game.

JG has way too many deer in the headlights moments in football games to win in GB. If the niners are going to do it they are going to have to rush for +300 yards and dominate time of possession.

Green Bay consistently has some of the most overrated players in the NFL...especially on defense. Like most GB receivers prove when they leave... Davante Adams is a punt returner without Aaron Rodgers.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
While it looked bad....Fred Warner is good to go for the Green Bay game.

JG has way too many deer in the headlights moments in football games to win in GB. If the niners are going to do it they are going to have to rush for +300 yards and dominate time of possession.

Green Bay consistently has some of the most overrated players in the NFL...especially on defense. Like most GB receivers prove when they leave... Davante Adams is a punt returner without Aaron Rodgers.
No doubt you've watched more SF football than I have. My faith in Jimmy G is mostly his record as a starter, and not actually watching many SF games. Except the gift from Gaia that was yesterday's trollolololololololol.

If SF can get pressure with 4 and they run for the same 160 or whatever they did vs Dallas, Green Bay might be in trouble.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
No doubt you've watched more SF football than I have. My faith in Jimmy G is mostly his record as a starter, and not actually watching many SF games. Except the gift from Gaia that was yesterday's trollolololololololol.

If SF can get pressure with 4 and they run for the same 160 or whatever they did vs Dallas, Green Bay might be in trouble.
The niners were in their heyday when I started getting into football. Bill Walsh and the WC offense. Montana, Rice, Taylor, Rathman, Craig, Clark etc etc etc. Got on the bandwagon and never got off.

I like Jimmy G. The QB position is impossible to fill in the NFL via FA and extremely difficult via the draft without a top 5 pick. Look how many teams year in and year out change QB's and continue to struggle. Jimmy was a homerun in comparison. He's a top ten QB in the league. While he doesn't have the physical tools of say Lamar Jackson, Deshawn Watson, Dak Prescott....he's a more complete player with a higher football IQ. He just can't push the ball down the field...which is part of the Shannahan scheme and the niners don't have the cornerbacks to be a shutdown defense and run the ball 50 times game in and game out. Miami would be in the playoffs with Jimmy G.

If Jimmy G was on Tennessee they would be the team to beat....almost unstoppable. They should consider giving up the farm for him in the offseason and just go win three superbowls before their window closes..

Reactions: sussle

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
The niners were in their heyday when I started getting into football. Bill Walsh and the WC offense. Montana, Rice, Taylor, Rathman, Craig, Clark etc etc etc. Got on the bandwagon and never got off.

I like Jimmy G. The QB position is impossible to fill in the NFL via FA and extremely difficult via the draft without a top 5 pick. Look how many teams year in and year out change QB's and continue to struggle. Jimmy was a homerun in comparison. He's a top ten QB in the league. While he doesn't have the physical tools of say Lamar Jackson, Deshawn Watson, Dak Prescott....he's a more complete player with a higher football IQ. He just can't push the ball down the field...which is part of the Shannahan scheme and the niners don't have the cornerbacks to be a shutdown defense and run the ball 50 times game in and game out. Miami would be in the playoffs with Jimmy G.

If Jimmy G was on Tennessee they would be the team to beat....almost unstoppable. They should consider giving up the farm for him in the offseason and just go win three superbowls before their window closes..
Looking at the doodoo season Roofiebungler had, Jimmy G might have done well in Pittsburgh this year also.

Imagine the NFL being a QB-dominated league, where you need a good+ team and great-elite QB play or an elite team all around, and the salary cap....and having Justin Herbert on a rookie deal and you're at home like the Jaguars. Leaving SD for LA because one guy is a tool cannister, watching @Kento Raiders in the playoffs, watching the 49ers in the playoffs, watchin the Rams in the playoffs.

Truly the chokers.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
so much this. MY friends and I call it the Jimmy G "yips" He freaks out and forgets his reads and makes a bad play

ringer

Tom Curren status
Aug 2, 2002
Huntington Beach, California
I've been Niners fan since forever. Keys to the GB game are putting pressure on Rodgers and being able to run the ball consistently (Niners are 29-1 over the past few years when they have run the ball 30+ times). Bosa and Warner will start. GB is -6 at home, which is a reasonably accurate line. Oh, and I like Jimmy G, but he is definitely gone after this season, no matter how far the Niners go. This will clear up like $20+ million in cap space.

Reactions: bruhdakine

bruhdakine

Miki Dora status
Jul 7, 2003
PNW
I've been Niners fan since forever. Keys to the GB game are putting pressure on Rodgers and being able to run the ball consistently (Niners are 29-1 over the past few years when they have run the ball 30+ times). Bosa and Warner will start. GB is -6 at home, which is a reasonably accurate line. Oh, and I like Jimmy G, but he is definitely gone after this season, no matter how far the Niners go. This will clear up like $20+ million in cap space.
Exactly.

The Niners are set up to beat the Packers. Run team with a good pass rush. Moseley / Ambry / Ward / Tartt have been doing a much better job in the secondary of late. If Bosa clears concussion protocol and Warner's ankle is really not too bad their D will cause lots of trouble for the Packers regardless of the temps. As usual it will come down to Jimmy G. How bad is his shoulder? How's his thumb coming along? Do we get the Jimmy who makes good reads and tight throws (just not too far downfield!) and put's the ball in the hands of all of his stud playmakers, or do we get two really bad picks at inopportune moments that completely change a game they should win (see the Tenn. game)? I agree, no matter what happens, he's gone. That 20+M makes a huge difference for this team that has some contracts to extend and holes to fill. This fall it's Trey time.

waxhead

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 31, 2009
Not at all sure Trey can do any better than Jimmy but if he wins the SB I don't see how they can trade him. Eagles did that with Foles and it didn't work out well.

Exactly.

The Niners are set up to beat the Packers. Run team with a good pass rush. Moseley / Ambry / Ward / Tartt have been doing a much better job in the secondary of late. If Bosa clears concussion protocol and Warner's ankle is really not too bad their D will cause lots of trouble for the Packers regardless of the temps. As usual it will come down to Jimmy G. How bad is his shoulder? How's his thumb coming along? Do we get the Jimmy who makes good reads and tight throws (just not too far downfield!) and put's the ball in the hands of all of his stud playmakers, or do we get two really bad picks at inopportune moments that completely change a game they should win (see the Tenn. game)? I agree, no matter what happens, he's gone. That 20+M makes a huge difference for this team that has some contracts to extend and holes to fill. This fall it's Trey time.

warble2

Gerry Lopez status
May 5, 2008
Not at all sure Trey can do any better than Jimmy but if he wins the SB I don't see how they can trade him. Eagles did that with Foles and it didn't work out well.
If you look at he numbers, Jimmy G isn't really making that much comparatively to other playoff qbs with winning records. Besides, NFL contracts are constantly re structured. If someone offers a 1 or 2 round pick, he's gone. If it comes down to him or resigning Bosa, he's gone. Other than that, he's making exactly what he should to start one more year while Trey waits in the wings. That kid has so much draft capital sunk into him and his outcome will determine the fate of Shanahan and Lynch moving forward. No need to jump the gun on his development. Keeping Jimmy around another year at that price, or slightly restructured, makes sense.

Doesn't matter. They've never depended on him to win. It's always been about the run with Shanahan and Elijah Mitchell has been a revelation. Selling out Deebo in the backfield is not sustainable but a good strategy for the playoffs. Jeff Wilson is totally serviceable and as long as Trent Williams is opening big ball of brown sized holes on the left side of the line they'll rack up yardage. Just have to account for the two passes a game he either forces into double coverage or floats over a wide open receiver that is, or should be, picked.

Niners should have beat Green Bay earlier this season. They're a much better team this year with the emergence of Aiyuk at receiver and the secondary shored up. The linebacking core is strong with or without Warner at 100%. Greenlaw and Al Shaair have been beasts. Going to be a great game.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Fails has laid eggs everywhere since and Carson Wince kind of as well. Indy couldn't beat Sucksonville and spent last weekend playing golf.

Iggles made the playoffs spending minimum wage on a QB. I'd say they did quite well in that trade. YMMV.

The coach/gm in SF are on like seven year deals. I think Trey Lance could be Jamarcus Russell next year, and with a Jimmy G trade and $20M SF will be a playoff team again with a new QB the year after that with zero issues.

Reactions: waxhead