Go Michigan!

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Who thought it was a good idea to overthrow the state of Michiagan?

I would like to be at the white nationalist cosplay meeting when they came up with that plan.

"So what do you guys think?"
Well Trump did incite them, I guess he was just having fun?

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
one psychopath vs. repeated pattern of organized domestic terror plots

the scoreboard is very lopsided
Mundus's point was an idiotic strawman gotcha attempt. I've never denied that there are wackjobs or dangerous people on the Right. I agree that the scoreboard is lopsided as a whole, however if you narrow that scope to smaller subgroups it's not so clear. For example, if you look at Portland or Seattle, there is far more damage coming from the Left. Even when comparing Antifa to Proud Boys, you can find more examples of Antifa attacking and harassing people than you can the proud boys, who almost exclusively direct their energy at Antifa.

You have fallen for FecalFace's BS ilkings of me where he claims that I support the proud boys merely for asking for evidence of why they are so dangerous to society.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Mundus's point was an idiotic strawman gotcha attempt. I've never denied that there are wackjobs or dangerous people on the Right. I agree that the scoreboard is lopsided as a whole, however if you narrow that scope to smaller subgroups it's not so clear. For example, if you look at Portland or Seattle, there is far more damage coming from the Left. Even when comparing Antifa to Proud Boys, you can find more examples of Antifa attacking and harassing people than you can the proud boys, who almost exclusively direct their energy at Antifa.

You have fallen for FecalFace's BS ilkings of me where he claims that I support the proud boys merely for asking for evidence of why they are so dangerous to society.
You are so factually wrong it is pathetic, there has been right vs left violence in Portland for at least 20 years, and the right has historically had a strong presence in the area.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
You are so factually wrong it is pathetic, there has been right vs left violence in Portland for at least 20 years, and the right has historically had a strong presence in the area.
Since George Floyd, which side is responsible for most of the violence and vandalism in Portland? Was the Right present for all 100+ nights wrecking shop alongside and/or against the Leftists? You're delusional.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Since George Floyd, which side is responsible for most of the violence and vandalism in Portland? Was the Right present for all 100+ nights wrecking shop alongside and/or against the Leftists? You're delusional.
Possibly right if you narrow it down to this, to ignore the historical context is textbook cherry picking. And there are many documented cases of right wingers infiltrating the protesters and burning/destroying property.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Why can't we just conscript all of them and send them on a permanent peacekeeping mission to Antarctica?

Antifa might be at an advantage since they know how to light a fire (although they failed miserably with Occupy Wall Street) while the rightists would just try to eliminate windchill by firing guns into it.

• Haha
Reactions: the janitor

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I disagree. Re-read my post.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I disagree. Re-read my post.
No. Mundus specifically asked when was the last time Antifa did something of this level, and I replied that one of them was responsible for murder. I'd say murder is more severe than kidnapping, although given that the intended victim is a governor certainly makes this case far more bold.

I wasn't making any kind of comparison or virtue signal that the Right is somehow better or above it. It's binary thinking to jump to that conclusion.