Go Foil News

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
Got a call from Alex this morning, said to stop by the shop. He had a prototype wanted me to try and break. Lighter construction of an Iwa and also a Kai. The wings are lighter by a full pound. Unreal how light this thing is.

Also got a sneak peak at a full array of new wings. New tail configurations as well. Total mind blower type shyte. I get to test a couple of those this weekend once the weather breaks. :dancing:

Not sure if I can post any pics of the new wings, but I'll give you some feedback once I do.

If you already have Go Foil gear, hold onto it. The new wings should be compatable. :jam_on:

Dec 5, 2018
Maybe there will the magic one, a foil that pupm easy like the IWA and handle bigger wave and turn like the Kai.

Clamsmasher

Michael Peterson status
Apr 22, 2013
Nar
gregfoil said:
Maybe there will the magic one, a foil that pupm easy like the IWA and handle bigger wave and turn like the Kai.
That would be sick. I’d love a thinner Lift style wing in Iwa sizing.

Dec 5, 2018
Kaser1 said:
Got a call from Alex this morning, said to stop by the shop. He had a prototype wanted me to try and break. Lighter construction of an Iwa and also a Kai. The wings are lighter by a full pound. Unreal how light this thing is.

Also got a sneak peak at a full array of new wings. New tail configurations as well. Total mind blower type shyte. I get to test a couple of those this weekend once the weather breaks. :dancing:

Not sure if I can post any pics of the new wings, but I'll give you some feedback once I do.

If you already have Go Foil gear, hold onto it. The new wings should be compatable. :jam_on:
Any news ???

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
gregfoil said:
Kaser1 said:

Any news ???
Not had the ride yet. Been busy but hope to get on it soon.

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
Never rode my GL wing on a SUP, nursing a sprained toe so I gave it a shot yesterday.

The speed with a big (8'4") SUP attached to it was crazy. I've ridden my SUp foilboard with the 200 which was slow and very lifty. Once you got on foil and the board released from the surface, the thing got moving very quickly.

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
Now that you've had plenty of time on both. Would you recommend the Iwa or the GL? Provided the prices were similar. Reasons why?

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
Hdip said:
Now that you've had plenty of time on both. Would you recommend the Iwa or the GL? Provided the prices were similar. Reasons why?
I'd get the GL, more versatile IMO. It can surf, downwind, SUP, pump out. Can't really downwind on the Iwa and it doesnt' pump out as good. I can still do 2 and 3 for 1's on the Iwa with more work than the GL.

If just getting a surfing wing, the Iwa would be your best bet.

Also, I'm not a wind sport guy but once those wing thinngs hit the market I may get one.

Mar 20, 2019
Kaser1 said:
I'd get the GL, more versatile IMO. It can surf, downwind, SUP, pump out. Can't really downwind on the Iwa and it doesnt' pump out as good. I can still do 2 and 3 for 1's on the Iwa with more work than the GL.
which size GL you riding?

also any word on price for the new wings?? rough estimate?

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
bigmtnbill said:
Kaser1 said:
which size GL you riding?

also any word on price for the new wings?? rough estimate?
I'm on the medium, dunno about price

Clamsmasher

Michael Peterson status
Apr 22, 2013
Nar
Does the GL flare up like the Iwa when you turn it?

I’m at a minor impasse with mine, I think I’m just a little light for it having lost some weight. Makes it hard to control through turns. So the small GL looks good to me..looks like they don’t crash and burn if you push the tip out.

steamroller

Michael Peterson status
Dec 23, 2007
48U - Green River, WY
im testing the GL210 right now....IT.....KIKS....A$$!!!!!...for 235# on a 5'4"SUP....for chest high and lower i use the tail from the Maliko200...effortless pumping....i can keep catching waves as long as they keep coming...sometimes ibskip the next wave and hop over it to get the next one.....over chest high i use the GL tail....less lift but waaaaaaaaay faster....only bad thing is i have to give the damn thing back soon....totaaly spoiled now !

Clamsmasher

Michael Peterson status
Apr 22, 2013
Nar
Steamroller said:
im testing the GL210 right now....IT.....KIKS....A$$!!!!!...for 235# on a 5'4"SUP....for chest high and lower i use the tail from the Maliko200...effortless pumping....i can keep catching waves as long as they keep coming...sometimes ibskip the next wave and hop over it to get the next one.....over chest high i use the GL tail....less lift but waaaaaaaaay faster....only bad thing is i have to give the damn thing back soon....totaaly spoiled now !
How’s it turn compared to the old wings?

Clamsmasher

Michael Peterson status
Apr 22, 2013
Nar
I got my 210. I rode it for the second session today.

First sesh I used the 18” flat HA stab I made. Today I got a couple of waves with that stab then swapped it out with my clipped Kai.

With the HA stab it was a bit stiff...not quite as fast as I expected but I did get it pumping pretty well when I got in the groove. Tried a couple of turns and it yawned quite a bit but the waves weren’t stellar for that.

With the Kai stab...Amazing.

it was really fast on waves that would be hard work on the Iwa. It turned pretty well, pretty carvy turns but I felt the G forces nicely. It doesn’t seem to spaz out when the tip breaks free either.

The best thing....I was out in a 10kt cross onshore, it was pretty small and there was a really tiny windswell running. I was chipping off lefts and heading out a bit then running down the lumps. This thing just overtakes them and robs a bit of energy as it passes through. I could do little turns and weaved 2or 300 metres north through a couple of other breaks. Never done that before, can’t wait to get some real windswell!,

Stoked!

Reactions: ghostshaper

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
In his podcast interview, The signature designer mentions how the flat wings don't lose lift when the tips breach compared to the curved down tips, and therefore feel stable. Good confirmation.

Reactions: Clamsmasher