go foil 18 w

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
whats a 18w?

if you're referring to the Maliko tail, yes. I have, and was my go to tail before i got the flat tails.

Dec 18, 2019
P18w is the flat 18" wide Go Foil tail wing. I recently switched from the Maliko and Kai tail wings. I've read that this could be an optional alteration. Chop the ends so it measures 15" wide.
It is a great tail wing but a little stiff in bigger surf. Maybe someone has done this alteration? Wondering what the performance results are after customizing it

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
P18w is the flat 18" wide Go Foil tail wing. I recently switched from the Maliko and Kai tail wings. I've read that this could be an optional alteration. Chop the ends so it measures 15" wide.
It is a great tail wing but a little stiff in bigger surf. Maybe someone has done this alteration? Wondering what the performance results are after customizing it
Ask on foilfeed.net You'll probably get an answer from @KDMaui

Clamsmasher

Michael Peterson status
Apr 22, 2013
Nar
A friend rides his Axis 440 (very similar) cut down to 14”.

Ive got a Signature 18” sprint bolted on to my Gofoil and I’d love to cut it by a couple of inches.

Dec 18, 2019
Thanx for the info. It is great over all. Removed the twitchiness of my GL180. And increased speed . But made the roll response when initiating turns delayed and stiffer in head high surf. Shoulder and below was not as noticeable.
Waiting for response on foiled.net as well

Feb 10, 2019
which front wing are you pairing it with? A lot of people have moved over to the 14.5" wide tail which has winglets, and also the short pedestal to shorten the distance between front and back wings.