Gliders....

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
View attachment 91987View attachment 91988
No concave. It's a big, convex hull. The side bites are crucial for the surfing aspect. They really assist getting it on rail. I go pure single when I'm just paddling it.
Those bottom, parallel strips are foam padding for knee paddling, if I want. Those upper strips are velcro. I made a detachable foam chest rest so it's way more comfortable to do pure paddling. I take it off and throw velcroed deck paddling so I can walk up and down it when I surf.
This board does everything.
lots more plan curve than i wouldve expected. looks like it leans more in the direction of surfing rather than pure paddle.

how wide? thick?

Reactions: Northern_Shores

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Bros, this one is 26" wide!?!
may need to borrow havoc's SUP paddle

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Boardsource?
Yes.

The guy who works there (I forget his name) was able to provide tons of insight into a genre I am completely unfamiliar with. They have a avery large variety of new and used boards 8ft+ in stock, at least they did 2 months ago when I purchased.

Yesterday was the first time I had ridden a longboard in 23 years.

Not something I want to do all the time, but will be nice to have on hand for the right time and place.

Last edited:

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Yes.

The guy who works there (I forget his name) was able to provide tons of insight into a genre I am completely unfamiliar with. They have a avery large variety of boards 8ft+ in stock, at least they did 2 months ago when I purchased.

Yesterday was the first time I had ridden a longboard in 23 years.

Not something I want to do all the time, but will be nice to have on hand for the right time and place.

They seem to consistently offer boards at fair prices compared to the current second hand market gouging. Particularly for bigger boards.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
They actually have a lot of new inventory, a large number of the bigger boards there were new including mine.

One thing that i noticed the minute I got on mine - holy fck longboard ergonomics are poor.

Rotator cuff injury makers!

It's a good reminder to stay on shortboards as long as possible.

Reactions: Havoc

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
The thing I shoulda done before I bought mine was buy a bag. Otherwise you will ding it at some point before riding it. Unless you're used to carrying big boards. I had forgotten about that.
Can be fun trying carry it off the beach in 40 knt offshore.