glassing in fins

ventura has better surf

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 16, 2002
O.V.
whats goin on?

me, my teacher gave me a sweet fish, the only thing is the right and left side FCS plugs (all 4) were tweaked. so i ripped them out, and now my board has some pretty good size holes where the plugs were. i wanted to have a pro glasser put some gins in until i found out the average price, which lead me to doin it myself. sooooo, should i glass in fins, or should i put in new plugs??? i dont know how to do either(never have), but i have done everything else in shaping/repairing a board. I need, TIPS!!!, IDEAS!!!!! ANYTHING!!!... help like that would be nice. thanks. VHBS

highline rider

Miki Dora status
Jan 31, 2003
Orange County
you could go balls out and just completly expirement with the board. I lost all the fins off my board and decided to make my own fins and glass them on. Its now a four finned round nose fish witht he option of a trailer.

my friends younger brother, the one who wrote "***** you" on the masking tape and all over his house, walked into the shaping/glassing shed and completley kicked off the right two fins of the board so they have to be re done. bummer.