Giant South Swell this weekend for Hawaii's South Shores

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
how trippy is that wave? Double up sand bar benders in the middle of waikikI.
Yep. That sand bar double up so fun. Was hard yesterday with all the wash throughs and current.

Had to sort out the whitewater take-offs too. Usually I pop up right away, but that didn’t work. Figured it out prone in front of whitewater then pop up.

Using St Augustine and all the banyan trees for lineup markers and the Natitorium for how far out to be. All new to me.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Eating lunch at a surfer bar today, as always in Spanish bars at lunch, the news was on... as the story about this swell hitting Hawaii came on, a silence broke out over the entire bar. Until the newscaster unashamedly blamed the record swell on .... hold on to your seat... "GLOBAL WARMING AND SEA LEVELS RISING".... the entire bar immediately erupted in laughter!

:shameonyou::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::monkey:

• Haha
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

BaliIdiot

Jan 9, 2008
Republik Indonesia Serikat
Eating lunch at a surfer bar today, as always in Spanish bars at lunch, the news was on... as the story about this swell hitting Hawaii came on, a silence broke out over the entire bar. Until the newscaster unashamedly blamed the record swell on .... hold on to your seat... "GLOBAL WARMING AND SEA LEVELS RISING".... the entire bar immediately erupted in laughter!

:shameonyou::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::monkey:
I wonder if they would have laughed had it been the European heat wave the newscaster was referring to?

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
I wonder if they would have laughed had it been the European heat wave the newscaster was referring to?
We're hearing plenty about them. No laughing matter. But to associate a swell that's generated by two different weather events, and judging from video images has happened before in the 70's, to sea level rising? You have to admit, that's pretty funny.

:roflmao::monkey::roflmao:

Also, the delivery in pipsqueek voice added to the comic effect. Had to be there, I guess.