Getting started in Crypto

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
View it as a game and learn to play it that way. Don't believe the hype, don't rely on technical or fundamental analysis meant for the stock market. News is everything, but you need to get your news from discord and forums(here) and 20 year olds(they're the ones you're playing against, they "believe" in things and it makes them irrational), not WSJ or whatever slow regular news source because by then you've missed it.

I have Kraken (which sucks) Coinbase (sucks slightly less) and binanance (not a fan) and create watch lists of coins that move a lot but don't go anywhere. When I get alerts about something taking a dive, I tend to watch it, wait for it to stop, buy it when it levels off, then sell out of it after it takes some small amount back. Playing the little bounces caused by other people snapping up what they see as a good value opportunity. It's a card game as much as anything. The way I do it is pretty much gambling.

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
View it as a game and learn to play it that way. Don't believe the hype, don't rely on technical or fundamental analysis meant for the stock market. News is everything, but you need to get your news from discord and forums(here) and 20 year olds(they're the ones you're playing against, they "believe" in things and it makes them irrational), not WSJ or whatever slow regular news source because by then you've missed it.

I have Kraken (which sucks) Coinbase (sucks slightly less) and binanance (not a fan) and create watch lists of coins that move a lot but don't go anywhere. When I get alerts about something taking a dive, I tend to watch it, wait for it to stop, buy it when it levels off, then sell out of it after it takes some small amount back. Playing the little bounces caused by other people snapping up what they see as a good value opportunity. It's a card game as much as anything. The way I do it is pretty much gambling.
You've got pretty strong opinions for someone doing low research gambles with lunch money :roflmao:

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
You've got pretty strong opinions for someone doing low research gambles with lunch money :roflmao:
doesn't even understand basic TA but is "trading" :poop: coins :monkey:

better of throwing his pennies into the wishing well

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Unlike the rest of you fake savants, I recognize bullshlt when I see it. You go ahead and keep "dollar cost averaging" and looking for "resistance points" though. Then when the PayPal dude tweets "I don't like crypto today" and the market shaves 30% you can twist your little brain trying to fit it into your narrative about "utility".

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
3000% in 2 years, from 100 to 4900 and back to 3k again, but it's "chucky cheese" money :roflmao:

tell us what utility holding xyz share on the stonk market provides? a paltry dividend :monkey:

please sir I want more

Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 9.36.13 PM.png

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
You're unable to separate coexisting facts:

cryptocurrency trading is a way to make a lot of money, and there are cases where sending money to someone else using cryptocurrency as an intermediary is cheaper and faster than methods that exist for sending them money directly.

Also true: the technology cryptocurrency is based on does not make it a true alternative to actual currency, or remove the need for government oversight of systems of money, or trusted third party involvement. For the most part, it's being realized as ideas that work best incorporated with systems that already exist, not in place of them.

There is knowing that crypto trading is profitable, and that it has use cases as a technology.
Then there is believing that it is a good idea to store your money in crypto, purchased at whatever price, because in the future it will be worth vastly more, based almost entirely on the fact that that's what happened in the last decade.

Realistic vs religious approach to cryptocurrency.

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
Also true: the technology cryptocurrency is based on does not make it a true alternative to actual currency, or remove the need for government oversight of systems of money, or trusted third party involvement. For the most part, it's being realized as ideas that work best incorporated with systems that already exist, not in place of them.

Then there is believing that it is a good idea to store your money in crypto, purchased at whatever price, because in the future it will be worth vastly more, based almost entirely on the fact that that's what happened in the last decade.
There's your narrow frame and certainty in the face of your own ignorance again.

Reactions: afoaf

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
You're unable to separate coexisting facts:
what utility does holding XYZ share with TA-able metrics provide? :monkey: name one, bet you can't

ETH can be traded as money through various platforms, it also has greatly appreciated in value as displayed by the chart

you don't have to believe it's real and useful, but it is.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
what utility does holding XYZ share with TA-able metrics provide? :monkey: name one, bet you can't
It's security that matters to long term investment. In ten years, the sp500 is going to be around, probably having gone up roughly as much as it had the previous ten. On the other hand, WhateverCoin...maybe not.

ETH can be traded as money through various platforms, it also has greatly appreciated in value as displayed by the chart

you don't have to believe it's real and useful, but it is.
Anything you buy in cryptocurrency, you buy at a value that fluctuates according to how many dollars it is worth. You're paying in dollars, using Ethereum, and that's not the same thing.
It is useful, but it isn't what it was supposed to be and doesn't do what many say it does/will. That doesn't inspire confidence that the next decade will return what the past decade did, it makes me think that CapitalOneCoin or TheVisaNetwork can absorb the advantages of the technology that emerge and provide the security that >99% of consumers require, and leave Bitcoin, Ethereum, and the rest of the coins to whatever value their collectors eventually determine them to have when stripped of usefulness.

Jul 14, 2021
Important information about crypto trading and the software we could use for better and more successful trading. Thank you for sharing. From my own experience, I can say that it was very difficult for me to find good enough software to make my crypto investment experience much better. In the end, I used some software that made my successes much more pronounced. Now I'm working on a crypto project. I found a launchpad designed for startups, and I would like to try to build it. I hope the successes will be just as great.

Last edited:

Your Moms Dildo

Michael Peterson status
Jan 17, 2014
Next to the Lube
Well, my account finally got verified...six fucking months later!

Now, I'm gonna own all the coins with my brilliant and reckless investing strategy.... :monkey:

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Well, my account finally got verified...six fucking months later!

Now, I'm gonna own all the coins with my brilliant and reckless investing strategy.... :monkey:
Start by grabbing some Dong bro.
Ground floor opp to get aboard the Dong train.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2021
Welcome to the world of crypto! You're not alone in wondering where to start. I suggest first researching the different cryptocurrencies available and deciding which ones you want to invest in. After that, you'll need to open an account on an exchange that offers the coins you're interested in. Make sure to read up on the fees and features of different exchanges before you decide which one is best for you.
Once you have an account set up, you'll need to fund it with either fiat currency or cryptocurrency. You can also check out the alt signals review that might come in handy. That's all.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars